• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Special Teams coach is a Freaking Joke!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

For those of us at the game how many times did you count 9 or 10 guys?   At least 4 times we did not have the right number of players on the field...  We looked totally ignorant.... Do they practice special teams?   It became a very sad joke in our section, hell  we burned two time outs getting the right amount of players in..... The special teams coach has made me forget all about Rod... Yes that is how bad he was!!   does Leavitt still do special teams? If so then he needs to give the job up or get  some help to count to 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was a total Jackass effort from the special teams!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

the bigger problem that I saw is an inability to snap the ball to the punter.

perhaps it was contagious -- McNeese had problems in that area as well.

a bad snap led to that scoring opportunity- the ball was delivered nearly to his shins

There was actually one play where USF only had 10 players on defense... Jenkins tried to run in, but couldn't get in the play in time... so CJL pulled him back.  Luckily the DL stopped McNeese RB on a run with little or no gain.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Long snapper is a real problem - not too sure about the actual punts that got off either.  Plus we got beat deep most times.  Fortunately their QB was a great runner/scrambler and not very accurate on the long pass.

it was a sloppy game-- we can site example after example of mistakes.

As CJL said-- we played something like 20 kids who never played a college game today. That seems like something you would almost expect.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Lets be happy it was NcNeese State and not Penn State. We have one more week to get the kinks worked out. If we see the same bonehead mistakes next week, then I will be petrified going to O-Town.

or Bama for that matter

it was a sloppy game-- we can site example after example of mistakes.

As CJL said-- we played something like 20 kids who never played a college game today. That seems like something you would almost expect.

The Go USF Bulls site says it's 22, so I understand that mistakes will be made.

And I can forgive the sloppy play... if the coaches can actually focus on correcting the problem.  10 penalties for 81 yards, with a bunch of illegal formation penalties -- that really shouldn't happen.  These guys have been playing football for years, they know what the formation should be.

I will say that I am happy it was a win.  That is important.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

We won and boy am I happy about that.

Young or not, we certainly are well coached. The game went smoothly and with few mental or diciplinary errors to be found, especially on special teams. Who coaches special teams?

I predict a 12-0 season. I am glad that we have finally gotten a handle on the stupid penalties.  Thats what I love about this team, they may make a mistake once but they learn from it and never make it again.

On a serious note, the Bulls have copious speed and talent.