• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

like that special night in san diego

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

How is it a fluke to thow the ball right to a defensive lineman? At best he could have prayed for a batted ball.

ask Simms-- he'll tell you

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it a fluke to thow the ball right to a defensive lineman? At best he could have prayed for a batted ball.

It was a batted ball.  The defender then caught it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

right-- batted at the line -- just like what Simms had happen to him recently. lucky swat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

So what you are trying to say is the best he could have hoped for would have been simply a batted ball?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1 night vs. a D1AA foe for a freshman qb that made plenty of mistakes does not a starter make.  USF wore down a lesser foe.  Don't get carried away.  They need to kill the mistakes on both sides of the ball and stay focused.  Don't be so quick to dismiss PJ.

The schedule sets up perfectly to improve each week.  We shall see.

Go Bulls!

i am very carried away by grothe

to come in under thoses circumstances and closing  out the game the way he did i have to sayhe is qb of future

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Pat got pulled cuz he banged up his leg. Grothe did a very nice job in relief.

I think we'll see both against FIU, with Grothe getting the start this time and PJ in relief. Grant Gregory got some mop up duty but I didn't see much from him.

I agree with Brad's one point-- that special night was usf PLAYING IT'S FIRST  (oops caps lock) night against a 1-A team. And he played above himself. He didn't get the starting nod the next game, came in to relieve Gauntt again and then he was never usurped. I did like what I saw and the comparisons are definitely feasible-- but let's take it like Louisville did with Brohm and Leferts (or however you spell that guy we never heard from again). Get him reps-- get him ready-- and possibly pass the torch when we are certain we're not pushing the guy too hard.

if pj gets  more than garbage time leavitt is making another huge mistake

grotheee is the qb of future and needs to play

we know what pj cant do

grotheee made throws pj cant make

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I'm with smazza.  Before the season, I said PJ should start based on the fact we were told they were even and PJ has experience.  I was even expecting big things out of PJ this year, hoping he had matured.  Well seeing both the other night, it was clear to me it was not even.  Grothe clearly was better and deserves to start.

Question, has anyone noticed that PJ doesn't follow through on his long throws.  Throws off back foot instead of stepping through his throws.  May have something to do with accuracy.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I was there that night in SD and thinking back, it was special to see the redshirt Freshman, who had less of chance of playing then MG does, and taking control of the offense which gaunnt wasnt able to do all night.  The next game if I remember correctly was the monsoon bowl vs SW Texas State, in which MB got his chance again, and capitalized.  

Pat has had 4 years to prove himself worthy of being a decent qb.  His numbers speak volumes.  If he hasnt improved by now, is there really much hope at this point?  MG threw the ball much better, more accuracy, better touch then PJ has every thrown in his best of games.  PJ is a great athlete, who has devoted himself, but I think we should have been playing a different position to take advantage of his atheltic skills.  Lets put hi at TE now and use his abilities there.  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

May have been a batted ball but there were open receivers on the other side of the field

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

But MG didn't have them batted.

He made solid decisions and didn't hesitate.

PJ will be a good backup QB and maybe a decent WR/X-Back.