• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why you take EVERY opponent seriousy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I-AA NAU had the game tied into the 4th against the 24th ranked Arizona State. Just to give you an idea of how good NAU is they were 3-8 last year and 4-7 the year before:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262430009&confId=null

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

anything can happen week 1.  To be honest I wish we had the gators this week and vill next week.  the odds of an upset would be better.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48

NAU QB Jason Murietta is the real deal. He may very well win the I-AA version of the Heisman this year.  He was sensational as a freshman, taking NAU the playoffs.  The last two years, NAU has had injuries, etc and they haven't been very good.  

Murietta, however, will see some time in the NFL.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

isn't Arizona St where they were having that QB controversy where the coach said he screwed up and their starting QB transferred away this year?  or was that Arizona?  

ASU...

Poke, I agree with you on Murietta. He lit up the ASU D in the 1st half and impressed me with his poise. But the way he did it was a more of a result of BAD defense, one pass was basically a lofted jumpball that an ASU WR misplayed.

I was more impressed with the effort the NAU defense put out. A Murietta INT in the beginning of the 4th blew the wind out of the sails, but you have to give NAU tons of credit for the way they played.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

NAU is two years removed from a major 1-AA playoff run...not a bad team, but then again ditto for McNeese.

-- Toledo pushed Iowa State to 3 OT ... in Iowa.

-- Central Michigan battled against BC, but three bone-head calls by their coach caused them to lose by 1 TD... heck, they were driving to tie with a minute left and the coach tried a trick play... I wonder if he called his 'VooDoo'...

"Any given Saturday" is almost true... especially BCS vs mid-majors early in the season.

I expect a lot more upsets this season than in years past. Talent is spreading around and parity is getting closer to being reality.

Toledo is good, and they have Kansas at home. I said it a a few weeks ago they will be a very tough opponent for Kansas, especially since Kansas is 3-14 or something like that on road the past 3 seasons.

Central Michigan was rolling, that QB was playing very very well and then the coach calls a boneheaded play. I'm sorry but nothing pisses me off more than a team scraping to come back only to have a freaking gadget play used. You use a gadget play when a) you cannot move on offense, B) down 21, or c) to piss off our rival when you're up big.

Some other games to look for this weekend that could be interesting.

1) Ohio State v. Northern Illinois - OSU won't lose, but it will be close as a very unexpirienced OSU D goes against one of the best RBs (Garrett Wolfe) in the country.

2) Akron v. Penn State - Akron's offense is legit, remember Luke Getsy. PSU might have the best linebackers, but a new QB might make it hard to  get rolling immediately

3) Vanderbilt v. Michigan - Vandy might have lost Cutler, but they return some pretty good players (the WR Bennett) Michigan wins, but Vandy keeps it close for a 1/2.

Others:  BYU v. Arizona, and Utah v. UCLA

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

anything can happen week 1.  To be honest I wish we had the gators this week and vill next week.  the odds of an upset would be better.

Nobody cares if you are honest, or dishonest, just go back home to the trailer.