• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Testing your loyalty time

Guest BasketBull.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I can only answer these on what I have/have not done or would/would not do...there are varying levels of loyalty to the program amongst our increasing fan base.

1) Is it okay to stay home and watch a game on TV when you could have made arrangements to go?

No, not unless there are extenuating circumstances like a sick child.  Going to the game is a duty.

2) Is it okay to walk out of a USF sporting event 15 or more minutes before it's over (when you could have stayed)?

No.  Supporting the team means being there regardless of which end of the ledger we are on.

3) Is it okay to own and or don other college team's parafanalia when you're a Bulls fan?

No, hell no.  

4) Is it okay to still be a FSU, UF, or Miami fan while being a Bulls fan?

No.

5) Is it okay to berate the Bulls' coaches, players, and USF personnel on a message board?

Berate? No.  Criticize?  Yes - respectfully.

6) Is it okay to consistently be negative about USF athletics and still be a Bulls fan?

No, because ultimately it hurts the growth of the progam and the fan base.

7) Do you feel USF athletics, including coaches, players and staff, owe you something, like maybe the "truth" about such and such?

I do not expect those entities to "lie", but I also do not require them to tell me every intimate detail of their work...so basically, no.  Should there be something of great significance to the program, then I expect full disclosure.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Is it ok to have a USF logo in your Engagement Photos?

Yes, but it is also suggested to have the the USF logo predominantly displayed in the wedding(s) as well.

Is it ok to have your wedding on the same day as the Syracuse game?

No, not unless you exchange vows in the stadium.

Is it ok to sponsor an ATC football locker in his and her name? Knowing that once you are married, you will probably sponsor another one with the new Mr. and Mrs. name?

It is recommended that you sponsor lockers for your spouse, children, dogs, cats, fish, mice, and plant life within and around your home...so you're off to a good start.

Is it ok to have a coaches signed football, new logo helmet signed by Andre, a retro logo helmet, a original 1997 pennant and two other ones in your work office?

Under lock and key.  You never know when those Bulls fans donning another college team's "parafanalia" might try to heist such a booty out of jealousy.

Is it ok to have bought my best man a game worn jersey as a wedding gift?

This is advised and natural...a top-shelf best man knows you care...

Is it ok to have bought myself a game worn jersey as a wedding gift?

Home or away?  Home would be the safer of the two for newlyweds.

Is it ok to have Bull license tags on all three cars?

Indeed, as long as each car is either green, gold, or black (modified 2005).

Is it ok to have a the first football game program signed by CJL and LRS HOF 95?

No, that's blasphemy, you better send that to me right away for proper handling.

Is it ok to give time to both Bulls Club and the Alumni Association?

As well as the BullBackers and any other group suporting the USF Bulls.

Is it ok to do all these things and live in Orlando???

I can not help you with everything....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

1) Is it okay to stay home and watch a game on TV when you could have made arrangements to go?

Only if it would break the bank to go. (Although preseason games may also be acceptable to skip.)

2) Is it okay to walk out of a USF sporting event 15 or more minutes before it's over (when you could have stayed)?

It is never OK to walk out of any sporting event before it's over, unless you're getting your doors blown off. And even then, "I wanted to beat the traffic" is a bad excuse. It has to be eating away at your mental well-being for you to get up and leave.

3) Is it okay to own and or don other college team's parafanalia when you're a Bulls fan?

This is my #1 pet peeve, and the answer is no, no, a thousand times no. In addition, if you're an alum, you should have to give back your diploma if you do this. If you're a student, you deserve to get thrown out of school. There isn't much you could do that is sorrier than that. Choosing a college is almost like joining the military - you were invited to attend USF, and you accepted the invitation. If you wanted to be somewhere else, you should have gone somewhere else. I'm still mad about the jerkoff who, after the all-nighter for the Cincinnati game my senior year, showed up in the student section in his UC gear taunting everybody. We should have all beaten his ass right there in section H1. I bet we would have gotten away with it.

Not really, but especially not now with UF and Miami on USF's future football schedules. Although you could do what I do with the Big XII teams, which is jump on and off bandwagons based on who it would annoy the most at my office. That's fun.

5) Is it okay to berate the Bulls' coaches, players, and USF personnel on a message board?

Coaches, yes. They are being paid a lot of money and can take the heat. Players, no. USF personnel, absolutely not. What has an SID or a marketing person or a fundraiser ever done to you personally to hurt your USF athletics experience?

6) Is it okay to consistently be negative about USF athletics and still be a Bulls fan?

If it's constructive, but that doesn't happen very often.

7) Do you feel USF athletics, including coaches, players and staff, owe you something, like maybe the "truth" about such and such?

Only if a major scandal breaks out, like a widespread Rhett Bomar-type incident or point-shaving or something.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yes, money is always an issue.

Absolutely not!!

Own okay.  Actually wear? No

Yes but they take a back seat to the Bulls.

Okay to criticize, not okay to belittle.

No

I think they owe me effort, integrity, and ultimately, wins.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

2. NO  It shows a total lack of respect for the kids who have put their hard work in.  Not many people walk out of a play or your kids concert.  If they where your kids down there how would you feel ?

Great Point !

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

live in Orlando???

Check your IM

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes it has to be that way...like when you have a new baby.

ABSOLUTELY NOT....We stay until the players and coaches leave!

Why would you want to???

Well...that's a tough one.  My mom was a Gator before she became a Bull and before there was FootBULL, so I'd always supported the Gators....now of course, not so much!

I definitely don't think it's OK.  Do YOU honestly think you could do the job any better???  How about if they come and berate you at your job?

You call yourself a Bulls fan and still do this???

Well what truth are we talking about.  I think it's their job to be honest with us, but as far as them "owing" us anything...I don't think so.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Is it okay to stay home and watch a game on TV when you could have made arrangements to go?   Never

2) Is it okay to walk out of a USF sporting event 15 or more minutes before it's over (when you could have stayed)?  Might as well stay home to begin with ... I HATE that when people leave early. (Unless your wife is having a baby) Stay and support YOUR team through the good times as well as the bad.

3) Is it okay to own and or don other college team's parafanalia when you're a Bulls fan? Treason is punishable by DEATH

4) Is it okay to still be a FSU, UF, or Miami fan while being a Bulls fan? Didn't you see my last answer?  My brother is a Gator and My cousin is a Golden Knight...  It's friendly competition seeing whose teams do better against certain teams but that's where I draw the line. ONCE A BULL, ALWAYS A BULL!

5) Is it okay to berate the Bulls' coaches, players, and USF personnel on a message board?   Discourse is imparitive, but bashing in uncool.

6) Is it okay to consistently be negative about USF athletics and still be a Bulls fan? It gets old real quick...

7) Do you feel USF athletics, including coaches, players and staff, owe you something, like maybe the "truth" about such and such? I don't think there's a need to sugar-coat anything, If we had a crappy game we need to improve. If a player can't do the job that's asked of him consistantly, he needs to ride the pine a little more.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Is it okay? I guess so. W@ould i do it? Hell no! However if I get stuck at work I will watch it on tv or listen to the game on the ole radio.

I dont like to leave any game untill it is OVER.

YES, I do. Is it okay to do such a thing on campus? HELL NO.

As long as USF is #1. I grew up a canes fan and still follow them very closely. I still go to one or two games a year. Hwever i will listen to a bulls game on the radio before I go to a UM game. If USF is off then im free to see the Canes.

If warranted, absolutely. If they choose to be public figures, they also choose to face criticism.

If USF athletics is doing things that warrant negative behavior, then absolutely.

Just to preform to their best. I pay student fee's that go to the AD. I want the most out of my $$$$