• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Names Finalists For AD Postion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

none of these guy's have Florida experience or even bordering states ala LSU guy. why didn't he make the finalist

do these guy's have a vision?

can they raise funds? viginia guy looks good

will they post resumes?

the Gimmick guy from michigan can he get bare knuckle and fight for this program or will he be a seth clone?

is this a stepping stone or a build for a lifetime job?

overall not impressed, they said this had "buzz"

where are the suprise "big boys" on this finalist list.

i dont see anyone who is clearly stepping down for a great opportunity to create something great.

grade "C"

please don't think i am negative, just a little dissapointed

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Based upon the limited amount of information that I have available to me, I too am disappointed.  Hopefully there is a lot of data that just hasn't made it public, but it sure looked to me like Radakovich should have been a top contender, and is superior to this list...

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I like Hollis, and Randall Spetman, a retired colonel and former athletic director at the Air Force Academy was included due to his administrative and political skills, you have to have some skills to become a full bird colonel and oversee the operations of a military academy-a very political position.  However, there have been problems with cadets at the Air Force Academy, my vote goes to Hollis, I think he can help the football and basketball programs with scheduling, attendance, and revenue.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Got to love that Hollis won the National Marketer of the Year award.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Except that it appears he won for using single game gimmicks instead of year round effective marketing, which is what we need...

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Michigan State seems to do very well in regards to attendance of sporting events, I think the "gimmicks" place the spotlight on the University and help raise awareness about the University.  USF needs something to get people in the Tampa Bay area involved in USF, too many people in this area are Nole fans or Gator fans with USF coming in 3rd, USF should be number ONE in this area!  USF needs marketing, right now, USF has done little to market the University or its atheltic programs-prime example the new logo-where was the marketing blitz?  I'm sure Hollis would have done some creative things to garner exposure for the new logo, when comes to the lack of marketing for the Bulls I get angry! >:(

i would have loved to see something like eg.the AD from a BCS school

midle to upper level throw his hat in the ring. that's what i thought neinas would bring to the table.

not a bunch of assitant AD's that are looking to move up. make no mistake this is a step up for every one of those finalsts.

my argument is we could have gotten these same guy's intrested without paying neinas a consulting fee.IMHO.

Got to love that Hollis won the National Marketer of the Year award.

with gimmicks we need a guy with solid vision not one time "tricks" as our AD

would have been nice to see some interest from an AD somewhere not just these assistant AD's

Guest S.  Bien
i would have loved to see something like eg.the AD from a BCS school

midle to upper level throw his hat in the ring. that's what i thought neinas would bring to the table.

not a bunch of assitant AD's that are looking to move up. make no mistake this is a step up for every one of those finalsts.

my argument is we could have gotten these same guy's intrested without paying neinas a consulting fee.IMHO.

Well now this begs the question what were you looking for?  Obviously there is no AD that's going to step down from a BCS School to go to a non-BCS school that at this point is still viewed as a directional school that scored a bigtime opportunity with the BCS.

Come on, it isn't even logical, I was shocked that more non-BCS AD's names didn't get throw-in the hat, but to expect BCS AD's to apply would be jaw dropping.  Although, maybe Neinas steered the applicants, and insured the names provided the press, and "Officially" applied were those that fit USF's criteria.  Judging from the finalists, it was obvious the criteria was they needed to be one of the Top Athletic Administrators at a solid BCS school, or an AD at a non-BCS program and achieved heightened success.   It also seems that they were looking for people with fundraising experience, and strong marketing experience.