• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dan Dillhole's view on USF vs UM on 620

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Dan thinks that USF should not make the UM game an annual thing because " USF will never win a game vs. UM....... all USF will do is get their heads kicked in". The only positive he sees is that it will bring national attention to USF for that one week. As you my guess the ex UM player who happened to be in Orlando wants us to play UCF every year stating it would great for both programs. Lets see C-USA team with no history of winning or a ACC team that has a long winning history with National Championships. What does USF get from playing UCF again?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I rarely listen to him, but when I did this morning I heard him say that he talked to Paul Dee (Miami's AD) yesterday.  Paul Dee told him that they were still having discussions with USF about an annual series.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

I just had this discussion with a few people at work as I am wearing my USF jersey in and work with a handfull of UM freaks. Call me crazy, but I think if we face UM enough we will sneak a win in there. I don't see a lot of upside to facing UCF every yr, being its not a rivalry...

that is what I am saying

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Dan Sileo is an ex-Miami player and a Buc/NFL failure whose mouth is larger than his brain. Everything that Dan Sileo says is meant to be either controversial or lip service to a popular cause.

I believe that everything Dan Sileo says is wrong, therefore I believe USF should do everything possible to schedule an annual game with Miami.

dansileo@740theteam.com

time for a BULLS Stampede

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Good News: We're still having talks with Miami for this game

Bad News: Dan Sileo is actually a popular guy around Miami's Atheletic Department and Miami considers the opinion of their former players to be a very powerful voice.

I think this annual game gets done, but there will be some type of snag or condition that we have to win one over a few seasons the series is done OR if we lose the BCS auto-bid we lose the series...it's just speculation on my part, because USF wouldn't hesitate to sign the papers if they could.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

I just had this discussion with a few people at work as I am wearing my USF jersey in and work with a handfull of UM freaks. Call me crazy, but I think if we face UM enough we will sneak a win in there. I don't see a lot of upside to facing UCF every yr, being its not a rivalry...

We shouldn't have to "sneak" a win in.  Miami is on the way down and USF is on the way up.  Our first home game is in 2009, MG will be a 5th year Senior.  They could be ranked 1 in the nation, but I believe it is more likley they will be 15+.  Keep in mind we beat UL when they were ranked 9th and they ended up 20th.  We beat them by 31 points!

8-)

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Sileo has to be by far one of the dumbest radio guys I have ever heard. He reminds me of those guys who really don't keep up with sports but have lots of opinions on them. I can't believe people actually call him for his opinion. I wish 1010 or 1470 had a better signal since they have far better morning shows. Sirius or XM is in my future due to that knuckle-head.

I hope the UM game happens but I don't expect it. I guess we all have our wish list. UM wants to play UF every year, USF wants UM, UCF wants USF, FAU or FIU wants UCF and Coppin State....well anyway, you get the point.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think UM and UF will end up playing an annual game when all is said and done, it got killer ratings when they played last time. However, UF already plays FSU on Thanksgiving weekend, and neither school will change that game.

I wonder who else Miami is speculating to play the game?

Notre Dame? Won't happen, every other year they play USC that weekend.

BC? This is who they are playing taht weekend this year, but ESPN wants an OOC game.

Georgia? They play GT that weekend.

The fact is there aren't many teams that don't have natural rivals that weekend that stem from years of being played.