• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WR Jackson in the DogHouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

There's a reason it's called "MY"space ...

:P

What did I miss. Someone send me a link to his myspace page if you have it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

It's long gone now ... was a picture of him and a few other players ... mentioned a while back on Greg or Brett's blog.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Jackson is back

Posted August 17, 2006 by Brett McMurphy

Wide receiver Amarri Jackson returned to practice Thursday, two days after being dismissed from practice by Coach Jim Leavitt and missing Wednesday’s practice for personal reasons. So, for now, he’s back on the team. However, make no mistake, if Jackson isn’t careful he could end up like a couple of other talented USF receivers: Johnny Peyton and Carlton Hill. Stay tuned.

Let's hope for the best ... for Jackson & Our Beloved BULLS !

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

August 17, 2006

Leavitt expects Amarri back today

From Greg's Blog

Junior receiver Amarri Jackson, the star of last year's stunning upset of then-No. 9 Louisville, is expected to rejoin the team for Thursday's afternoon walkthrough, coach Jim Leavitt said Wednesday night.

Jackson was dismissed from practice a few minutes early Tuesday when he continued to jaw with coaches during the post-practice conditioning runs. Leavitt had been disappointed with several players' attitude during practice, but had singled out Jackson in sending him to the locker room early. Jackson missed both of Wednesday's practices as well, prompting concern that the problems had heightened, but Leavitt said his absence had to do with "family difficulties" back home in Sarasota and that Jackson would be back with the team after this morning's practice.

That said, another receiver has clearly stepped to the forefront in the first 10 days of practice: freshman Carlton Mitchell from Gaither. Asked to name the fastest player on the field Wednesday, Leavitt first answered with cornerback Mike Jenkins, joking  that cornerback Ryan Gilliam and receivers Taurus Johnson and Ean Randolph might argue with that. Then he stopped and said he'd bet Mitchell is faster than all of them, even with a 6-foot-4 frame that makes him one of USF's biggest targets. Asked if he could move into USF's top eight -- a good measuring stick for justifying him playing this year and not redshirting -- Leavitt said he's already in that group. Receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey and quarterback Pat Julmiste, in separate interviews, both mentioned Mitchell's emergence as a playmaker with surprising speed.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really excited about Mitchell.  I have only heard good things about this kid.  Lets hope that the "family issues" are all solved with Amarri and he gets back to work.

GO BULLS!!

Love the news about Mitchell ... we had a great class this past recruiting season.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

USF WR Jackson's Future Status Unknown

And I think he has more potential than talent from what I saw last year. This is a very deep WR corp and thought he would see that and straighten up.

:P  :-/  :-[  :(  >:(

Are you serious???

USF WR Jackson's Future Status Unknown

And I think he has more potential than talent from what I saw last year. This is a very deep WR corp and thought he would see that and straighten up.

:P  :-/  :-[  :(  >:(

Are you serious???

Understand the way it sounds ... let me say it this way:

I think he has talent that he hasn't used ...

Imagine how much better a player Shaq would be if he had the drive of Michael Jordan ... and imagine what kind of player Jordan would be if his drive wasn't as good as it was.

Jackson can be a much better player.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Believe Jackson is getting ornery due to al the competition and may have slipped on the depth chart behind A. Hill, Johnson, Green and possibly Mitchell.