• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett's Blog on Basketball OOC Schedule

Guest Sprtsfn627

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

Interesting that the blog had WF unmentioned, and UAB as a footnote.  I'll tell you so much for blogs to be informative I think the intention was certainly delivered since it stirred up a hornets nest on this board.

I wouldn't be so hard on all blogs but certain ones do seem to post things more than others to stir things up ....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Steve Bien, since you are apparently a loyal reader (and I appreciate that) of the Tribune, I thought I would explain our philosophy of the Tribune's blogs. It is not a vehicle to report news: if there is USF news, it runs in the Tribune/TBO. I don't reprint my news stories and run them as blogs. The blog is to give additional coverage, more in-depth information and/or opinion on stories, issues, etc., concerning USF. You wrote: "Interesting that the blog had WF unmentioned, and UAB as a footnote.  I'll tell you so much for blogs to be informative I think the intention was certainly delivered since it stirred up a hornets nest on this board." The reason WF was not mentioned in the blog is it is about the home schedule, Wake is a neutral site game and not included in the home ticket package. Wake was mentioned in the story in Saturday's Tribune: http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBDNP9CRQE.html

I sent you an E-mail if you want to discuss this further. Thanks for reading. And, oh by the way, here's some news for you and the board: USF got a commitment from Gulf QB Alton Voss.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Would be great to see a UCF/USF home and home series start back up.   From travel expenses to attendance increases, I can't think of a reason why not.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Are you Nostradamus? How can already predict that numbers will be down by 25%? The OOC game will struggle, but the likes of Syracuse, ND, Louisville, and Marquette should draw good sized crowds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

The reason WF was not mentioned in the blog is it is about the home schedule, Wake is a neutral site game and not included in the home ticket package.

Just to set the record straight, only the last paragraph was about the home schedule. The other 3/4's of the blog was pointing out USF's crappy ooc schedule and, naturally, Wake couldn't be included in that discussion.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Well, with the exception of Wake Forest and UAB, I think he is right that the OOC schedule is weak.  Richmond, Missouri State and Butler might be ok, but the rest should be gimmes.  The truth is though, we really need wins now.  I think that McCullum should (and will) get to .500 with this schedule.  That would at least be a sign we are in the right track.

I do wish we could get an FSU or Miami on there though...heck, even a UCF would be better than some of those teams  ;)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Nope, just have some common sense and can analyze statistics.  Look at our numbers over the past 3-4 years.  They have dropped every year.  Are you telling me we will have a rise in attendance after winning 1 conference game last year and losing to bcc, tamcc, and almost to grand canyon state college?   You are right, people will come out to the dome when we are winning.  crm can't produce wins, a big time coach like CBH has proven he can.  

The dome will be so quiet during the games, you will be able to hear the rats and roaches munching on the extra popcorn let over from the game before.  Hopefully after this year ad wollard will see the light and spend the money to hire a decent coach.

If you claim to have common sense, then you knew we were going to be in for a long season in 05-06 with all the injuries, etc. Some of it was Coach McCullum's fault from a lack of recruiting, but I am sure he didn't anticipate Howard going down for the year, Dennis missing significant time due to injury and not fully recovering, having to boot Sills, B-Mo passing away.

Stats are stats and you can look at them all you want. I'd rather watch the games and base my opinions off of that. The fact that we were in just about every single Big East game playing shorthanded tells me that we have a well coached team. More bodies will translate into more wins.

Coach McCullum can't produce wins? Even with his poor record he still has beaten 3 Top 25 teams in the last 2 season, 3 more than the prior coach had in 7 seasons at USF.

Bob Huggins carries a good deal of baggae with him. He's already made some pretty negative noise for some of his recruiting stunts at KSU. Not to mention his health issues in having a heart attack and then getting busted for DUI after that.

I agree attendance is going to struggle this season, especially in the OOC games, but there will be more wins this season and a little momentum going into Big East play will help. Not to mind that Louisville, ND, and Syracuse will bring their fans to the Dome as well.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

should have been fired last year.  Can't believe this guy is still around.

maybe he can improve his current  7- 41 conference mark to 10-54 with 3 wins in the conference this year.

what a joke this guy is.

a coach who has a 10-54 conference record wouldn't be kept on to coach slippery rock college, let alone a school in the Big East.

old and tired ::)

we must beat bcc or all is lost

i hope we do well on the italian trip

"USF got a commitment from Gulf QB Alton Voss"