• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett's Blog on Basketball OOC Schedule

Guest Sprtsfn627

Guest Sprtsfn627

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

Home:

S.C. State

FIU

Stetson

Richmond

Missouri St

Butler

Bethune-Cookman

Away:

UAB

ECU

Norfolk St (Duel in the Desert)

Savannah St (apparently not finalized)

There are 3 games missing, I'm guessing one or two are against teams in the Duel in the Desert.  OOC schedule has 14 teams.  Out of our entire home schedule, only 2 (Marquette and Syracuse) made the tourney last year.  Brett puts it best:

The home non-conference schedule is, well, uh, to be quite honest, not very attractive

My opinion: If McCullum can't get to .500 with this schedule, his job is in serious jeopardy.  If he accomplishes that but still fails to make the Big East Tourney or NIT, then he'll get a 1 year deal to prove himself (a la Cardieri).

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Nowhere was the game against Wake Forest mentioned. Putting Wake Forest in and taking Savannah State off would give 13 us OOC games and 29 overall when you factor in the Big East schedule.

I wouldn't have expected the OOC to be that tough because this team needs to get some W's to have some confidence going into Big East play. Wake Forest and UAB should be a good indicator of where we are.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Geez, what's the home attendance for these games going to be?  We may get to .500 with this schedule, but we are also looking at the very real possibility of setting a new all-time low attendance record for the Sun Dome.

Stating the obvious, no TV appearances for the Bulls with this schedule.  Now the school is being forced to sacrifice revenues to CREATE wins.

I guess it's a damned if you do-damned if you don't scenario.  I really don't think this kind of schedule was envisioned when we entered the BE.

• Topic Count:  159
  • Content Count:  1,372
  • Days Won:  1

We will continue to set all time low attendance records year after year until crm is gone and a big name coach his hired.  CBH would have increased our attendance by at least 50%, more likely 100% over last years dismal number.  Instead attendance will drop this year by at least 25%

• Topic Count:  293
  • Content Count:  6,658
  • Days Won:  21

With the Big East as tough as it is expect most of our OCC to be very light until we can field a very good team. If we play Wake Forest and UAB as OCC I dont have a problem with it. If we go close .500 this year we have a good shot at an NIT and start creating a winning attitude.

Also remember we will not have transfers available until 6 games into season so it dosnt serve USF to load it up and get beaten

• Topic Count:  293
  • Content Count:  6,658
  • Days Won:  21

Here was Clemson's non ACC schedule last year

Bethune Cookman,SC St,Charleston SO,Penn St,South Car.,Wofford,E.Tenn St,Puerto Rico,Holy Cross,Akron,Georgia,Elon,Coppin State

Not a big difference from ours and they had a beter team

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We will continue to set all time low attendance records year after year until crm is gone and a big name coach his hired.  CBH would have increased our attendance by at least 50%, more likely 100% over last years dismal number.  Instead attendance will drop this year by at least 25%

Are you Nostradamus? How can already predict that numbers will be down by 25%? The OOC game will struggle, but the likes of Syracuse, ND, Louisville, and Marquette should draw good sized crowds.

We need a "big name" coach to sell tickets? I beg to differ. Coach Paschal wasn't a "big name" coach and the Dome had a few very good years of attendance. That was mainly due to winning. We should win more this year and we won't lose too much in the way of graduation of players.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Nowhere was the game against Wake Forest mentioned. Putting Wake Forest in and taking Savannah State off would give 13 us OOC games and 29 overall when you factor in the Big East schedule.

I wouldn't have expected the OOC to be that tough because this team needs to get some W's to have some confidence going into Big East play. Wake Forest and UAB should be a good indicator of where we are.

Interesting that the blog had WF unmentioned, and UAB as a footnote.  I'll tell you so much for blogs to be informative I think the intention was certainly delivered since it stirred up a hornets nest on this board.

The only scheduled game that seems ridiculous is BCC on 12/31.  The rest are to be expected, and one day you fans are going to have to start realizing that to get good attendance people are partially going to have to show-up to see US, not who we're playing!  You can't have a murderous OOC when the in-conference is so **** difficult.  Check Syracuse's OOC, it's riddled with patsies too, the difference is they get 18-20k in the Carrier Dome regardless of the opponents.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Are you Nostradamus? How can already predict that numbers will be down by 25%? The OOC game will struggle, but the likes of Syracuse, ND, Louisville, and Marquette should draw good sized crowds.

We need a "big name" coach to sell tickets? I beg to differ. Coach Paschal wasn't a "big name" coach and the Dome had a few very good years of attendance. That was mainly due to winning. We should win more this year and we won't lose too much in the way of graduation of players.

Flip it's not worth addressing the morons on this board, the intention of the blog was to get them going.  Often their arguments have zero validity, and if they just stuck to the facts they would carry far more credence.

It's ridiculous argument, and insinuations...we're in the BE, we went 7-22, at some point we've all got to stop being hypocritical on what comes first, winning or fans?  I mean do people want to line-up a murderous OOC schedule and see another 7-22 season, or do they at least want to give a perception of winners, start drawing fans back, and win a few more games?  You can't have it both ways.

• Topic Count:  718
  • Content Count:  6,701
  • Days Won:  19

I'll see you in Vegas! Anyone else meeting me out there for the tourney? I know Minceberg will be there...