• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Henderson:  Grass is Green Enough for Leavitt

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

...so I KNOW how far we've come and what a great job the whole athletic department has done! ---GO BULLS!

And MOST of us do also !

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thank You Leavitt & Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BasketBull.

E.T., I guess I get tired of people dumping on the program when there is absolutely no call for it.  ::)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

This is why CJL is a class act. He'll stop at nothing to get our BULLS on the National level.

20 years from now, He will be a ledgend at this school, In the state of Florida, and in the nation for BULLS FOOTBALL !!!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I do not care what anyone else says, as my post early clearly stated, In Leavitt I Trust! I can't speak for cee or turkey or the other UCF fans on this board. You are entitled to your opinions and make them perfectly clear; constantly and repeatedly.

What we have done in our 10 years of existence is unprecedented. If you think that losing Jim Leavitt would in anyway help this program, I believe that you are sadly mistaken. We will win the Big East in the next 4 years, and when we do, I am sure you naysayers will be on here finding another reason to piss and moan, because that is obviously what you do best.  

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

[mods, for the 3rd time, do not delete this post: there is nothing obscene or inappropriate about it.  suppressing the thoughts of board members is reminiscent of stalin and hitler burning the books of their own citizens in an effort to suppress and sensor their opinions.]

Message from Bulliever:  Your post was deleted because you are only banging the same drum you banged earlier...you stated your opinion that a point must be scored first.  Other posters have stated their opinion.  Repeating your opinion about scoring a point is unnecessary.  You are free to have your thoughts, try limiting them to the appropriate number of posts.  

[smiley=spam3.gif]

The newspaper story was to discuss Leavitt his success (which is undeniable) and his affection for USF and the area.  We got your opinion in your first post which has not been deleted.  If you have something new and on-topic to provide, you are welcome to do so.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I like the first two strikes . . . .

I have always been a fan of two very important things that relate to this thread: Jom Leavitt and freedom of speech.

Jim Leavitt has done an amazing job for USF and if you cannot see that then you are blinded by something. The guy may not be the next coming of Bobby Bowden who lead FSU to prominence but he is a **** good coach and a great guy. As far as I am concerned he can walk the sidelines until he dies and then bury him there. I remember reading the Oracle article about his hiring and asking myself who the hell is this guy with the personality that blew the board away. Now I know the guy and I understand.

Thank God for USF football and The Jim.

Now onto censorship. I believe in the full marketplace of ideas being exchanged and people selecting what they want to read/believe. Its the cornerstone of democracy and the key to real personal growth. Its a paramount freedom. Having said that, this is a private enterprise and a FAN message board. The owners and operators have every right to clean up the site, as much as Burger King has the right to clean off their tables if you took a steamin crap on them. That is basically what you are doing by "dropping" your opinion on turning every thread.

Why would you post that three times anyway? Are you that desperate to be heard?

What new nugget of information do you think is so valuable that it must be expressed to the world? Its old and we already know. Go buy a dog and name him Leavitt sucks and then you will be able to yell it out until your heart is content.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I believe that what leavitt has done is amazing. I believe most of our AD is on the right track. I believe all of it will be on the right track next April or so when we hire a new coach for a Certain Mens sport.

It is amazing what USF has done in 10 years. How many programs can say they have done what USF has done. We are the blue print for schools like FIU and FAU. You may see a team get to a bowl game in 8 years in the future. Leavitt has done a wonderful job. If we didnt hire him 11 years ago I am pretty sure we would still be 1-AA. The UCFers all hate CJL because he has done what nobody could do in 25 years at the school to the east. They are jealous that USF has surpassed them in football.

All that being said. Now we are BCS and Leavitt needs to keep improving. There is no reason that we cant  compete for the Big East title or even more in the next 3 years or so.  If we have a few bad seasons I may say bring in a new guy. But I believe that Leavitt deserves a chance to prove the critics wrong. GO BULLS.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i couldnt read this fluff piece once writer didnt know leavitt's school

leavitt did a great jopb first 5 years but sub par last 5

usf should be where west virginia is

usf is surrounded by the best talent in the world,play in state of the art stadium and have a great facility.winning at usf shouldbe second nature

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Look at WVU 2-3 Years ago ... AND how long have they been in a BCS conference ... just a little more patience.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

mainLogo.gif

For Leavitt, The Grass Is Green Enough At USF

By JOE HENDERSON The Tampa Tribune

Many people were surprised after last season when Jim Leavitt turned down the chance to be the head football coach at Kansas State, his alma mater.

Link

Did another Coach change their resume too?

;)