• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF makes headway with Gulf quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

a few things to note...the coaches are not allowed to offer at these camps. Voss said he had an offer before the camp. Leavitt and Smith both spent significant time with Voss and that's where they told him they like him as a QB.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

"It's (USF) a little closer..."?  It's a LOT closer.

Not sure this staff would be able to turn this kid into a QB if they couldn't turn Chill into a QB.

How do you know what type of QB C-Hill was/is going to turn out to be?

You were able to determine that our coaching staff failed him after one season, in which he saw minimal playing time?

Also, this kid does not have the problems in his life that C-Hill obviously has. Pure talent and athleticism is worthless if you don't have the head for the game and in life.

No, I don't think the coaching staff was to blame for C-Hill...

"It's a fumble! FUMBLAYA! Carlton "Fumblina" Hill fumbles the ball! "...

It suprises me how many people here should be coaching for a career  ;)

[move]Follow me to the Prospects Board where the rest of this chatter is and continues . . .[/move]

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1154527839

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

once i read smith like him i was concerned

is alton related to nicole voss?

haSNT LEAVITT AND STAFF LEARNED

usf needs to recruit a 100% pure breed qb.

stop recruiting athletes wanting to play qb at d1a level

start recruiting qbs that can play qb at d1a level

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

brent schaeffer

is eligible at ole miss

Voss needs to sign with US!

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

brent schaeffer

is eligible at ole miss

OOps, mistake... I confused Ole Piss with MISStake....

brent schaeffer

is eligible at ole miss

This has got to help !

Glad we recruited Gachette  8-)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Not sure this staff would be able to turn this kid into a QB if they couldn't turn Chill into a QB.

You were able to determine that our coaching staff failed him after one season, in which he saw minimal playing time?

Also, this kid does not have the problems in his life that C-Hill obviously has. Pure talent and athleticism is worthless if you don't have the head for the game and in life.

Ever see his HS tapes?  His HS stats?  Obviously not, he was a stud.  All the tools of a Vince Young.  

I was able to determine that our coaching staff failed him based on the fact that he made no headway whatsoever throughout his FR season, fumbling the ball away numerous times and twice in a row in our bowl game AFTER taking reps as the backup QB for most of the season.  

So what's your excuse for PJ's lack of development?  Great "Head for the game", natural leader, great athlete, yet no development whatsoever during his THREE YEARS as starter.  Yeah you're right, this staff has a great track record of taking raw athletes and turning them into polished, consistent QB's..     ::)  I suggest you watch a USF game once in awhile before commenting.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Ever see his HS tapes?  His HS stats?  Obviously not, he was a stud.  All the tools of a Vince Young.  

I was able to determine that our coaching staff failed him based on the fact that he made no headway whatsoever throughout his FR season, fumbling the ball away numerous times and twice in a row in our bowl game AFTER taking reps as the backup QB for most of the season.  

So what's your excuse for PJ's lack of development?  Great "Head for the game", natural leader, great athlete, yet no development whatsoever during his THREE YEARS as starter.  Yeah you're right, this staff has a great track record of taking raw athletes and turning them into polished, consistent QB's..     ::)  I suggest you watch a USF game once in awhile before commenting.  

I have watched enough Bulls ball to know that the coaches did not ruin C-Hill. Holding on to the Ball 101 is taught at the Pee Wee level, and obviously would have been reinforced in the offseason. Hill found out that he can't carry the ball like a loaf of bread this year. My point was YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE, nor do I, as to how C-Hill would have progressed as a QB. Leavitt was obviously trying to improve him and the system by going to Texas to see how they ran their offense with Vince Young, so obviously they made the same connection that you did Coach Beastie. Do not attack me and say that I need to watch a game, I am saying I do not know how C-Hill would have turned out if given the time to grow into the system.

As said about MANY QB's ... why do many fail across the country ?

[smiley=icon_deadhorse.gif]

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I have watched enough Bulls ball to know that the coaches did not ruin C-Hill. Holding on to the Ball 101 is taught at the Pee Wee level, and obviously would have been reinforced in the offseason. Hill found out that he can't carry the ball like a loaf of bread this year. My point was YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE, nor do I, as to how C-Hill would have progressed as a QB. Leavitt was obviously trying to improve him and the system by going to Texas to see how they ran their offense with Vince Young, so obviously they made the same connection that you did Coach Beastie. Do not attack me and say that I need to watch a game, I am saying I do not know how C-Hill would have turned out if given the time to grow into the system.

So Why didn't PJ develop?  I know, had nothing to do with the coaching staff right?   ::)  

It was because this staff did not provide the tools nor the system for him to be successful.  If you can't see that because you have think these coaches can do no wrong well then I cannot help you.  Your agenda is painfully clear.  Blame the kids not the coaches.  

I DO HAVE A CLUE because I know talent when I see it.  Chill has it and this staff didn't develop it.  

And if you're telling me that coaches at this level don't have to teach players how NOT to fumble I suggest you speak with Mike Alstott, Jerome Bettis, or any other back in the NFL who had his fumbleitis cured by good coaching.