• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a poker challenge. I can set up real money tournaments via Pokerstars. I was thinking about having an open challenge to whatever team we are playing each week of the season. Say a $10 buy in (Pokerstars gets an extra $1) so $11 total. Us Bulls fans would take on opposing teams each week. We could also open it up to other people on our schedule.

It wouldnt help the board/school any as all money goes to the winners and pokerstars but it would be a fun way to get to know some of our opponents.

The games are password controlled. So not everybody can just jump in.

Anyone interested?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443
  • Days Won:  0

i am down for that

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

hold 'em or omaha?  I prefer hold 'em.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I was playing on Pokerstarts.net last night and played against a UCF fan and a USF student in separate games.

I prefer Hold'em as well.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Im in. email me when you have it set.

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

I'll have to check with the compliance office whether or not I'm legally allowed to take dead money from fellow USF fans:), but if so I'm in for sure.  But remember, tournament poker is for morons... we shoud find some stakes everyone is comfortable with and play a cash game on the side as well.  That way if people go broke they can rebuy and get berated for that donkey call while being compared to UCF fans, or getting called O'Liar when caught in a bluff.  The possibilities for comedy and financial reward are endless!

Only problem with playing online is you guys can't see my bracelet, so send me a message if you're interested in live action as well (within Florida's $10 a pot cap law, of course) ;)

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443

that sounds like fun..what just one bracelet??

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158

Poker?  I hardly know her...

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379

It would definately be Holdem. As for tournament vs. cash game, well, I must be an idiot. I like the tournament idea better. Not only that, but online we cant control the cash game, we can just say find so and so and there may be seats open. With a tournament we can limit the amount of loss to say $11 bucks a week. That may help some of the married (broke) men out there to convince the wife.

I may set up a pre-season event just to see how everyone likes it.  I've posted this on Rivals as well. I just want to clarify that this isnt something I'll do for money but rather for fun.

We can set up a tournament before each game and invite board members from the other team (or any interested Big East fan if we want). We can do one weekly tournament for like a $10 buy in. Then at the end of the season we can do a BOWL tournament where only the winners from the previous 15 weeks can play. I think that would be a really cool format.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Count me in.  I won't be able to play every week, but I'll take a spot every now and then.