• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Swing through New England...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,764
  • Days Won:  3

So anyway...the wife and I are on our vacation in scenic (and considerably less humid) New England. Ran across a guy decked out in Louisville attire and another couple of guys from Uconn.

1. The Louisville guy definately knows about USF and we had a pretty interesting chat. They're definately 'miffed' about last years little fiasco at RayJ, so there is some measure of retribution in order....

2. The Uconn guys. They are - as near as I could ascretain - not unlike the guys from Duke. They tolerate football as long as it doesn't interfere with anything remotely associated with basketball...and the jury is still out on USF in the big east. Seen more as a football face-saving sort of thing rather than bringing anything to the table (hoops wise). That was one of the most awkward conversations I recall ever having. Bottom Line: football is an interesting pass-time, but nothing to take very seriously.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

"Football is an interesting pass-time, but nothing to take very seriously."

Someone is a bit short sighted in there opinion of football...aye.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I marvel at the ignorance... Considering USF won or were co-champs of the Big East in softball, mens soccer, and women's tennis.  Not to mention our women's hoops, and football all went post season as did track and field.  

When you take that into it's totality plus the fact we were the top scholar athlete school it's hard to look at any pompous Big East fan and not tell them they're crazy for thinking we don't belong.  We belong all right, certainly men's hoops needs a shot in the arm but the rest of our athletics are first rate and obviously fit right in with this conference.