• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does men's bball make the Garden next season?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

I say we don't make it, or our only chance would be squeaking in. I want nothing more to be proven wrong, but that's the outlook as I see it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You will be proven wrong :)

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I think we'll get in as a the 12 seed with 7 wins.  A number of Big East teams will be down next year, so USF just needs to play better in 6 games.  ND and Providence lose quality scorers, while Seton Hall and Rutgers will struggle again.  I think its a real possibility.  Put it this way, if USF doesn't get in I'll be extremely unhappy.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260

We get in for sure next season! Mark it down, write it on paper, jot it down on your hand, whatever I'm guaranteeing a trip to the garden! Whos going with me? Go BULLS!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Optimisim is high considering we haven't seen our conference schedule. I'll hold off on the guarentees.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Even just squeaking in next year will be a major accomplishment. That would mean that we would have finished ahead of four  storied, traditional basketball programs. This fact gets lost sometimes on these unrealistic, mtv generation types ...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

I think we will be battling Prividence, Depaul, St. Johns, Rutgers and maybe ND or WVU for the last one or two spots.  The rest of the teams I would say are pretty close to locks at this point.  Mick Cronin will get Cincy to the garden, and Bobby Gonzalez is going to have Seton Hall contending for the BE title in a very, very short amount of time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Even just squeaking in next year will be a major accomplishment. That would mean that we would have finished ahead of four  storied, traditional basketball programs. This fact gets lost sometimes on these unrealistic, mtv generation types ...

I dig ya Trips, I grew up on Soul Train, baby!

soul_train.jpg

(that's me in the 'fro)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I dig ya Trips, I grew up on Soul Train, baby!

soul_train.jpg

(that's me in the 'fro)

I was more of the Shindig and Hullabaloo generation .... That's me in the granny glasses ....

mcguinn65tv.jpg

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Not a chance we make the tourny next year.  We were a little bit of a surprise to many teams this year.  Next year we won't be.  

I honestly can't see us winning a single game in-confrence play next year.  Call me a jerk.....but an honest objective view -- i just can't see it happening.  Rutgers may have lost douby --- and there were some set backs for ND -- but all the other teams are probably going to be better then this past year.

We need to see the home schedule --- those are only chances.

I mean we lost our best player on a team that went 1-15.  we have some freshmen guards coming in that have never seen talent like Big East B-ball.

Better chance of the football team winning the conference and going to a BCS bowl, then the b-ball team making the con tourny.

what a difference a coach makes.