• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doc has Arrived!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Doc deserves a personal welcome to this board, The famous doc who wears the green shirt, tie, and horns to every game has finally purchased a computer and just saw he has begun to post. Welcome aboard Doc.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

he had his first post yesterday, but i agree, he does deserve a welcome

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

My favorite Doc moment was from a women's basketball game about four years ago.  There were about 40 of us in the stands total, and we're playing Charlotte who was 9-0 in C-USA and ranked in the Top 25.  USF is 1-9, and somehow we win in a blowout.  After the game Doc storms the court (by himself), and starts trying to cut the nets down with an oversized pair of cardboard scissors.  It was awesome!  

Let's get a list going of "Doc's Greatest Hits!"  I've also got to throw in Doc sitting behind home plate at softball and holding up picture of himself on a stick every time the opposing pitcher was just about to throw.  

Just to let everyone know, we're working on the USF Hall of Fame over here in the Bulls Club, and I have actively campaigned for Doc's horns to be added to the collection (a campaign I'm probably going to lose, sadly).  Sheriff, the Death Row guys, myself, the old Zoo Crew, and a lot of other people have done some pretty insane stuff in support of USF Athletics... but I think Doc has to take the cake here.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Well it's about time, Amigo!!! ;D   Welcome Doc! It's been a long time dude! Seth, you still in St. Louis?  Ã‚   Reaper

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10

Collin,

I love doc and he was awesome at bulls games, but there is no comparison to the greatest fan club at USF ever, DEATH ROW!!!!!!!!!  For those of you that ever saw our group at games you know what I am talking about.  I will never forget that Denny Crum had one of his assistant coaches tape us all game because he cried that we were too tough on him.  Mad props to DOC for still being a cardinals fan!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

nobody has forgotten about Death Row, its even mentioned in Collin's post, but that was a group of guys, Doc is only one guy.  one of my friends was in Death Row, so i have heard all of the stories a bunch of times

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!  I still travel whenever I can to see my Bulls (any and all sports) in action, and yes, driving distance to me includes East Hartford, CT!  At Ozzie's Sports Bar here in St. Louis, no employee would dare call us "Southern Florida" again, as I continue to educate and spread the word of the Bulls.  I'm already public enemy #1 when the Gators fans gather there on Saturdays and they've already hatched plans to get me banned from their Big Screen section.  And of course, at the hospital, the dry-erase board in the conference room is not filled with medical teaching but rather shows the Sweet-Sixteen softball brackets (last round, it had the inning-by-inning box scores of all our games).  During BBall season, the Big East conference standings occupy a sizable portion of the board (with tie-breakers thanks to my nifty cards -- JewBull knows what I mean).

Yeah, Collin, don't forget my creepy T-shirt with the "I (heart) (horny-hat-guy photo)" I tried selling to the DePaul, Louisville, and Southern Miss softball players after heckling them and getting them to flick me off.

Reaper, it's been awhile!!!  How have you been and how's that knee holding up?  Yes, I'm still in St. Louis and will be so for at least another three years.

As for Death Row, their history is undoubtedly entwined with that of USF fan-dom.  I even had a former UAB player once approach me in the stands during a C-USA tourney game in Cincy to tell me about his recollection of their antics!  Legendary stuff!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome Doc...I remember seeing you in the stands and then meeting you that morning at GreenbergOpolis with the Sheriff (when SouthFloridaBulls.com's photo-story made the two of you the biggest sex symbols on campus). It was a fun time.  Welcome to the board, I hope to see you on often.

Brad

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Can someone post the history (maybe newspaper clips, videos, pictures, etc.) of Death Row on this topic? I heard of them before, I just want to find out more.....

Maybe a story?

They might have existed while I was in school... (early 2000's?)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

"Doc Moment"

I was at a women's softball game with Doc and he stood behind home plate with a pom pom when the other team was pitching.  He would wave the pom pom and tell the pitcher not to be distracted, shortly after this started the ump stopped the game and made Ken Eriksen tell Doc he couldnt wave the pom pom in the pitcher's line of vision.  Good to have you on the board Doc.