• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why we need an OCS......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

UCF is projecting operating expenses, just in game day expenses and utilities, insurance, people to run the stadium at 1.626 Million per year. Plus another 400K in maintenance reserves.

That's maintenance. Now they also have the debt service of over 5 million per year.

Makes that $720,000 look like a bargain.

If I remember correctly UCF was expecting to make money as long as we averaged 23k per game... Tex game will be a sell out... my guess is we average 30k plus the first year... which will build a reserve toward future years... UCF will do just fine.  We get all concession $$$ all parking $$$$ all tix sales $$$$  We didnt get that renting CB bowl... just like u dont when renting Buc bowl.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BasketBull.

I have the answer:

Inflatable stadium!

Start_roll.jpg

Rolling_out.jpg 3 workers (students) - price  1 pizza = $20

2288975757 One Sumo to give it air -price: lunch buffet at a Chinese restaurant = $10 + tip

Inflated_field.jpg Let's play ball!

22b00930.jpg GAME DAY, BABY!

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Our fee used to be $400,000 per year.  Why such an increase?  Too bad we don't have any heavy hitters on the county or city commission.  Although it seems like the TSA is it's own little entity that is free from political pressure.  If we are paying such a high fee, we should at least get part of the concession revenue.  The only bone they throw us is a few parking spaces that we can generate revenue from.  

30000 fans times $10 per fan(which is a conservative guess) = $300,000 in concession revenue per game.  More then enough to pay all the workers at the game.  They all make $7 an hour x 5 hours = $35.    1000 workers (doubt it) x 35 is only $35,000. Police protection is a big cost and I would say $25 an hour x 5 hours is $125 per cop x 100 of them = 12,500.  Electricity that would not have been used if we werent there maybe $5000.  We  are just around $50000.  Any other costs?

TSA should not be increasing the rent, they should be lowering it because we are getting more people coming to the games which means more money in their pocket because of concessions.  

I believe that it used to be $40K because we didn't use the upper deck and there were even sections in the lower bowl that were roped off and unused.  With each open section, it requires additional stadium staff, cleanup, etc..

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

this may be a dumb question but....

Why should USF have to pay to play in it at all?  Do the Bucs pay?  I thought RJS belonged to the city of Tampa/tax payers?

that money is being wasted when it could be used for an OCS instead...in the long run it would be worth it.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'm almost positive the Bucs don't pay much. Without them the stadium wouldn't have the money from all that ridiculous signage, the 32 Mil from Raymond James, and all 195 suites would not be sold out.

We have no leverage when it comes to that type of stuff, and community stadium or not it's NOT USF's field. Maybe in the legal documents it is, but thats only in name. There is nothing in that stadium that suggests it's USF's field other than a few borders, banners, and a whited out flag with a logo in it.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I don't mean to be a jerk

BUT YOU CANT HELP YOURSELF

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF HAS NO OTHER OPTION BUT RJS AND IT IS A FINE FACILITY

WHO WOULD GREENLIGHT A OCS FOR USF?POLITICAL SUICIDE

USF NEEDS TO WIN SOMETHING BEFORE ASKING FOR A STADIUM

WHAT CHOICE DOES USF HAVE BUT TO PAY ?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

USF HAS NO OTHER OPTION BUT RJS AND IT IS A FINE FACILITY

WHO WOULD GREENLIGHT A OCS FOR USF?POLITICAL SUICIDE

USF NEEDS TO WIN SOMETHING BEFORE ASKING FOR A STADIUM

WHAT CHOICE DOES USF HAVE BUT TO PAY ?

I have to agree, there is NO reason to build a stadium when we cant sell out the lower bowl without help from opposing teams, until we can, we should pay, but I dont think they should increase the rent, plus I thought in the article that it was only 3000 parking spots not 30,000. But I just think the TSA can cut us a little bit of a break, but business is business...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

There is nothing in that stadium that suggests it's USF's field other than a few borders, banners, and a whited out flag with a logo in it.

And a football team with USF colors and logos all over it .......... people tend to lose sight of that. Our own OCS would be nice but it's not a necessity to enjoy the trappings of college football, bottom line.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Since they've got us by the balls anyway, why don't the powers that be try and negotiate along with the fee increase an increase in Bulls presence in RayJay? I'd be quite comfortable with us paying more if it meant a legitimately painted field each game or something more than the butts in the seats, the team on the field, and the rinky-dink green and gold flags around the top.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Trip,

I'm not saying we need an OCS right now, I was making a point to the lack of leverage we have with TSA as compared to the Bucs.