• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBO Blog - "QB Hill cleared for this fall"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

QB Hill cleared for this fall

Posted May 03, 2006 by Brett McMurphy

University of South Florida coach Jim Leavitt and sophomore quarterback Carlton Hill both told me that Hill has met the necessary academic requirements for the spring semester and Hill will be eligible in the fall. Hill’s eligibility had been in question because he had missed part of spring drills to take care of academic commitments.

“It’s a big relief,†Hill said. “I passed everything. I’ll be eligible. I’ll be ready in the fall.†Hill was named the starter before spring drills, but fell behind senior Pat Julmiste and freshman Matt Grothe - or behind freshman Matt Grothe and senior Pat Julmiste, if you prefer - after a disappointing spring. Now with Hill set for fall drills, it should make for an interesting battle between (in alphabetical order) Grothe, Hill and Julmiste for the starting position. Leavitt has told me on numerous occassions how important the summer workouts are for his players, so it will be interesting to see what kind of shape they report in for fall drills.

So with Hill set for this fall, there is only 122 days remaining until the season opener against McNeese State to debate who will be the starter. Well, what are you waiting for?

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

I don't know if is a whew or a shucks that I am looking for at this moment. Only time will tell if C Hill can make the most of this year on the field.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

121 days to go untill kick off baby ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Well I am glad he is qualified.

GrothE is the Man !

Go BULLS !!!

Matt Grothe drops back throws to a streaking Carlton Hill.................. Touchdown BULLS  ;D

in other words I see Hill moving to WR

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

Matt Grothe drops back throws to a streaking Carlton Hill.................. Touchdown BULLS  ;D

in other words I see Hill moving to WR

any where I see Grothe and touchdown in the same sentance I am happy...provided it is the same team with the TD  LOL  I figured I would say that before someone else did  LOL!!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I think an academic  RS season would have been good for Hill.  Give him one more year to learn this offense and have 3 years of eligibility remaining.  From what I hear the biggest obstacle to him  starting is learning the offense.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997

I think an academic  RS season would have been good for Hill.  Give him one more year to learn this offense and have 3 years of eligibility remaining.  From what I hear the biggest obstacle to him  starting is learning the offense.

That is almost exactly what I was thinking. His head is in the way of his athletic ability. I would also like to see Grothe get his shot this fall.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

I dont think C4 to play WR is necessary.. We've got plenty WRs. We need 100% physical and mental condition backup QB.  If he got injury from WR, is anyone would love to see Pat having a chance to play QB?

good point

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

CHill will be all the above this year... He will be slash..  I look for him to line up at WR on 1st and 2nd down, I then think he will line up at QB on 3rd and more than 4 yards to go, I also expect him to be in the shot gun 99% of the time...  I see Grothe in Shotgun and under center... I also see PJ holding a clipboard and tutoring the young QBs on the sideline, I think PJ is a team player and will help the young QBs.