• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sunday Night College football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I've heard from a good source that this could be a reality this season, as ESPN does not have Sunday night NFL anymore. They saw what LSU and Tennessee put up numberwise against MNF and feel that a fraction of that would be better than throwing on figure skating.

He said they did run a blurb in the USA today, and that HE told me the BE is involved (not from USA today).

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

Noting the average viewer watched about a third of ESPN's Sunday night NFL games, Berson hopes to grab viewers channel-surfing away from NBC's games  "For about two hours, they'll be looking for something else."

It's easier to go head-to-head with like products. It beats having to decide on whether to air a movie against a sports event.  Gotta be wary of over exposure as well.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Makes sense...

After Sunday Night Baseball is over..they are looking at having 6 Sunday Night games thru mid-November.

Makes sense....Sunday Night is the highest home TV viewing night of the week...even if they get a small portion of that...their reach and number of households they can penetrate would be huge (for ESPN).

Over exposure?

College Football passed that a LONG time ago...with games on Tues, Wed, Thur, Friday, and about 30 TV Games on Saturday.

ESPN can start their game at 7pm...right when NFL games are ending...and about 60-90 mins before the NFL Sunday Night game on NBC.

Smart move by ESPN....smart move.

KL

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

If they change any Bulls games to Sunday nite....I'll stay home and not renew my season tickets in 2007.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

im down with it if it includes monday's off from work  ;D

Am I wrong or is ESPN NFL Prime Time on at 7:30 -- are they still keeping it on Sundays or is it moving to Monday as a lead in to the MNF game?

If they keep Prime Time on Sundays, then the games would not start until 8:00 or 8:30 at least.  The college game would end about the same time as the start of the 4th quarter of the NBC SNF game.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

If they change any Bulls games to Sunday nite....I'll stay home and not renew my season tickets in 2007.

do us all a favor and do it anyway We don’t want the support of fans like yourself

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Am I wrong or is ESPN NFL Prime Time on at 7:30 -- are they still keeping it on Sundays or is it moving to Monday as a lead in to the MNF game?

If they keep Prime Time on Sundays, then the games would not start until 8:00 or 8:30 at least.  The college game would end about the same time as the start of the 4th quarter of the NBC SNF game.

Jim, NFL Prime Time is still in the air. NBC is running a similar show from 730-830 and they say that they have exclusive right since ESPN does not own the right to sunday night football anymore.

I think ESPN is doing this because they did see that the LSU/Tennessee game put up GREAT numbers against MNF. They get a fraction of those numbers they will do better than Figure Skating (they used to put figure skating up against MNF...or female bowling)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs support from all fans they can get

usf cant be too choosey

freak boy you need to ease up on real usf fans.you are new to club