• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Write a letter. Show Andre some love...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Before you blast me for saying that he wasn't publcized, think of it this way - When USF was on ABC this season, did the ads say, "Andre Hall and the USF Bulls take on _____"? or was it more of a team thing?  If the national media saw it that Hall carried the team on his back, he may have been drafted.

I really can't buy that. The national media doesn't do the drafting. A qb from Alabama State went in the second round. Publicized or not, the NFL will find you if they deem you worthy. NFL teams pay big bucks for all the research that goes into the draft and, for whatever reason, they didn't feel Andre was worth a draft pick. They've made plenty of mistakes, both ways, down through the years and we're hoping that Andre is one of those mistakes.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614
  • Days Won:  0

T

Before you blast me for saying that he wasn't publcized, think of it this way - When USF was on ABC this season, did the ads say, "Andre Hall and the USF Bulls take on _____"? or was it more of a team thing?  If the national media saw it that Hall carried the team on his back, he may have been drafted.  

Then how do you expalin defensive back Danieal Manning   from a bible college - - Abliene Christian a Div 2 school being drafted 10th in the 2nd round / 42nd overall?

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Then how do you expalin defensive back Danieal Manning   from a bible college - - Abliene Christian a Div 2 school being drafted 10th in the 2nd round / 42nd overall?

Thank you.. Can someone answer this!?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  38

Thank you.. Can someone answer this!?

I've got two words for you:  Booker Reese...

First round draft pick of the Bucs out of Bethune Cookman.  A total bust.

Sometimes the NFL gurus outsmart themselves.  Not drafting Andre was a mistake.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I've got two words for you:  Booker Reese...

Crap.. I forgot about him. What a waste of a draft pick.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not a real letter writin' warm-n-fuzzy kind of guy.

Andre has a chance to play in the NFL ... just like some other Bulls before him.

School's over...now he's gotta go to work. He gets a shot at doing what he wants to do - not what he has to do.  That he wasn't drafted is not a "travesty".  Remember - boys and girls - the NFL is a business. Just like any other, and apparently AH's interview landed him where the corporation wants him, not necessarily where his buds hoped he'd land.

Another day at the office...

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

The only thing I can think of is that Hall is only 5'8.  I understand that there are a handful of players that are under 5'11 that starred at RB, but they are few and far between.  With only 11 RBs drafted and Hall really not publicized last year on a national level, I think teams were looking at him as a FA.  

It did shock me that he didn't get drafted, but his size and carries/game played into his Free Agency.

what about the 5'7" guy from UCLA

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

I don't think sending the letters to the Bucs would be a good idea. USF may be a better avenue ....

He is an employee of the Bucs . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

He is an employee of the Bucs . . .

People opening the mail probably won't even know who he is and think it's some old fan mail for Ron Hall ....  8)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

Well then, what's the best way to get our messages to him?

After his first game as a Bull I told my son this guy's going to play in the NFL. I feel that way, now more than ever.