• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McNeese State

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Doc,

Really appreciate your posts ... remember you first posting back when this game between us was first announced.

Keep us updated ... on football and the schools progress from Rita.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

the second and third games aren't any tougher. after you it's FIU and UCF two cupcakes.

That's true!   Go ahead and then start game plannig for the fourth game then.    :)

We've got history with both those teams.   We went over to Miami and played FIU in our 4-7 2004 season and still beat them.

We played UCF in 1995 here and beat them and Culpepper 49-7 a week after Florida St. had beaten them 42-14.  At the time they played FSU, FSU was No. 1 in I-A and then a week later us and we spent the whole regular season as No. 1 in I-AA.   The only game we lost that year was to Marshall and Chad Pennington in the semi-finals of the playoffs.

Doc

We played UCF in 1995 here and beat them and Culpepper 49-7 a week after Florida St. had beaten them 42-14.  At the time they played FSU, FSU was No. 1 in I-A and then a week later us and we spent the whole regular season as No. 1 in I-AA.   ...

Doc

You may not have any idea how much some will love this reminder  ;D

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

LOL i wasnt aware but I will remind the UCFers

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

We played UCF in 1995 here and beat them and Culpepper 49-7 a week after Florida St. had beaten them 42-14.  At the time they played FSU, FSU was No. 1 in I-A and then a week later us and we spent the whole regular season as No. 1 in I-AA.   The only game we lost that year was to Marshall and Chad Pennington in the semi-finals of the playoffs.

Doc

Since I lived in Louisiana in '95 (actually covered Lake Charles for work), I was able to go to this game.

McNeese simply DESTROYED UCF on that day...Offense, Defense and Special Teams (believe McNeese's Senior or Junior QB went on to play in the CFL).

It was probably the best "all-around" team that I had ever seen...and McNeese dominated UCF, even more so than #1 FSU the previous week.

Believe McNeese made it to the Semi-finals or Champ Game that year...but lost in their last game.

Fans are great in Lake Charles...Fight Song/TD "Chant" is a BLAST that their Band plays...and their team is usually very solid.

Cowboys did a number on that day...and even though Culpepper was a Freshmen...don't think the outcome would of been any different in any other year...as McNeese played a COMPLETE game that day.

KL

LOL i wasnt aware but I will remind the UCFers

;D

I checked the history page on the UCF website and for some reason in the 1995 part of the history no details of that game are mentioned.    ;)

But that was a fun game for the Cowboy fans.   Culpepper and UCF were getting a whole lot of press and that pissed off our defense and our senior QB.   Qb Kerry Joseph, who has Qb'd Ottawa in the CFL the last few years, didn't like it that some freshman Qb was getting all the attention and hype.  He ended up having a great night.   And Culpepper spent the whole night running for his life from our defense.   I think there is still some Culpepper backside imprints in the turf near the South endzone of Cowboy Stadium were DE Kavika Pittman buried him a few times.    :)

It was total domination that game.   Fun times.

Doc

If any of you guys are bored, here is a link to my pictures of the FIU trip and game in 2004.   Like I said 2004 was the worst year we've had in a long time.   Too many freshmen and sophomores were playing.   Of course a lot of them are seniors and juniors now.   :-)

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/fiu04.asp

Doc

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

If anyone thinks our game with UCF will be a cakewalk, you're crazy.  When is the last time USF went anywhere on the road and cruised to a victory?  Every win we've ever had on the road was hard fought.  Maybe Syracuse last year you could throw in as a blowout, but UCF will play better than the Orange did.  I think USF will win the game, but its not going to be as easy as last year.  It will be a tough game, probably a 7-10 point game either way.  

Go Bulls!  

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

When is the last time USF went anywhere on the road and cruised to a victory?  

Go Bulls!  

Syracuse.

Great Pics ... love the topless beach one  8)

fiu04growdy.jpg

Will the mascot make the trip?

fiu04gpushups.jpg

Hope not to see any of this, but will the cheerleaders be coming also?

Love the countdown also !