• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG Solomon Bozeman looking to USF as an option.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/516340.html

This is a free article from Scout. Does anyone know anything about this kid? He wasn't recruited by USF out of high school, so I don't know what ties he may have to the Bay Area.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of getting all these kids that transfer here. It seems that they all choose USF as an escape option because of our conference affiliation and because they know they'll be able to play here right away. I hate being second fiddle. We need to start recruiting some kids that want to be here from the start and want to build something great.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

At this point, taking transfers isn't a problem if they are an increase in talent.

We do need to start getting more and more talented freshmen, but are you telling me you are disappointed that Jesus or Solomon transferred here?  How about Mosley?  Holmes?

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

is this the same Bozeman that played in the national title game last night?

No.

who is it then, cause i can't see the article

its a free article, so you should see it... but here it is (perhaps you need to register a free acct to see it??):

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/516340.html

Ole Miss' second '05 signee, point guard Solomon Bozeman, plans to take an official visit to South Florida this weekend.

Ole Miss' second '05 signee, Solomon Bozeman, asked for a release and was granted one.

Solomon's father, Eric Bozeman, was a long time assistant under former Ole Miss head basketball coach, Rod Barnes. Coach Bozeman is now the head basketball coach at Southern Arkansas University.

Coach Bozeman asked Ole Miss to release his son of his letter of intent so he can explore all of his options. Solomon will take an official visit to South Florida this weekend. But, this does not necessarily end the relationship with Solomon and Ole Miss.

We have learned that Coaches Kennedy and White will travel to Magnolia, AR on Tuesday to watch him play in an open gym. They will then will have an inhome visit with the Bozemans that night.

The Bozeman family also wants to get to know Coach Kennedy and vise versa before a final decision is made.

There is still a chance that Solomon and Ole Miss will connect well enough where Bozeman will end up at Ole Miss, but that will all be determined after they meet one another.

Bozeman took his new team, Magnolia high, to the Class 4A  

At this point, taking transfers isn't a problem if they are an increase in talent.

We do need to start getting more and more talented freshmen, but are you telling me you are disappointed that Jesus or Solomon transferred here?  How about Mosley?  Holmes?

Not disappointed, but I wish these kids would come here straight from high school. With Jones, Mosley, and Holmes they probably wouldn't have qualified academically, which is probably why they went the JuCo route.

But, what does frustrate and disappoint me is that I keep getting the feeling that we are always a player's 2nd option school, if things don't work out with their first choice. I think due to the lack of hardcore recruiting with Florida high schools, we realistically, have got to take transfers, but I'm not happy with it.

Just an opinion.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  102

Solomon Jones, Bradley Mosley and James Holmes  transferred from community and junior colleges, not Division I univeristies like Jesus Verdejo from Arizona.

awesome, thanks, i clicked on the link and nothing showed up on the page

Buckley, Gransbery, Verdejo, Williams, and Capko (although a walk-on) all came from Div. 1-A programs. Trust me, at this point, I'm glad to have them. But it just reaffirms the gut feeling that we're just a viable 2nd option for a lot of b-ball players.