• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF students celebrating a Gators championship

Guest USF Student 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I'm one of 45k+ at UCF.  While a UCF fan, I'm still an OSU fan.

I guess it's not the same since there is no relation between the schools.  Florida is in-state.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Sherrif I justy think your assuming that kids go to school for sports which in most cases is not true. When people grow up fans of a team they usually stay fans, some convert (I did from ND) and some stay true to who they've liked all along. If someone likes USF and wears it ot FAU let them. If someone likes USF and wears it at UF let them. If someone like UF and wears it at USF let them.

Do I agree with it? No. But you have to understand that when people grow up liking a team they are in MOST cases going to like that team for their life and find it hard to be persuaded. Especially at a school whose athletic identity is VERY young.

It will change over time, when the school starts winning more and kids are raised as Bulls fans. But honestly how many kids at USF grew up living and dying Bulls SPorts compared to the number living and dying by Florida/FSU?

One day we will be in that boat and won't have to be as defensive. I can guarentee there are PLENTY of kids among the 45,000 at UF; the 32,000 at FSU, and 13,000 at Miami that are fans of other schools. It might not be the number that is at USF, but those schools have had generations of alumni come through.

This may be one of the dumbest things i have heard. You go to one school but support another????? :o

If you go to a school that is the school you should be loyal to forever/ period end of discussion.

Joe when USF plays the Gators who do you really root for, honestly.  

Sick Al-Arian on those students

Guest Toolio

This may be one of the dumbest things i have heard. You go to one school but support another????? :o

If you go to a school that is the school you should be loyal to forever/ period end of discussion.

Actually, your comment definitely is one of the silliest things ever posted here.

There are plenty of fans of other schools that choose a different school for one reason or another: economics, a specific degree, etc.

To say that a lifelong Gator fan can't be a Gator fan since they went to USF is ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

there was a picture on the oracle of some guy decked out in gators stuff at the USF spring game and there was some little mini headline that said "off by a few miles." (i think thats what it said)  

this made me laugh.  stupid gator fans.  Honestly, dealing with gator fans here is like dealing with Boston fans at Devil Ray games...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

jg,

I am a Bull, I think I have proven in NUMEROUS times through knowledge of ALL Bulls sports teams and knowledge of where I lived at USF, etc. Call me a Gator apologist, but I'm also a UCF apologist, a FSU apologist, and once was called a Pitt apologist. I'm objective I always have been, sometimes you gotta step back and look at it, at a different angle.

I was making a point that other schools have fans of other teams at them. It's a fact of life that schools like FSU don't have strong biology departments (see my friend's FSU roomate at UF) as UF. Schools like UF don't have the Language Arts Program as FSU. There are plenty non-Nole fans at FSU (My cousin goes there and is a Gator) and there are plenty of non Gator fans at UF. If you want to go on an individual basis.

Should you take pride in your University and honor their degree...I hate when I see a UF/FSU/Miami/Alabama(worn by one of our cheerleaders in class) shirts on campus, am I going to hold it against them or call them out...no, it's the TEAM they like. However many of this kids do like USF and appreciate what the school has given them.

You must remember Athletics is only a PART of a university.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Honestly, dealing with gator fans here is like dealing with Boston fans at Devil Ray games...

Awesome quote and very accurate.  Actually, dealing with Red Sox fans is easier.  You don't have to see or hear them nearly as often and being from a real city(not a college surrounded by mud holes), there tends to be a little more culture out of them.

Actually, your comment definitely is one of the silliest things ever posted here.

There are plenty of fans of other schools that choose a different school for one reason or another: economics, a specific degree, etc.

To say that a lifelong Gator fan can't be a Gator fan since they went to USF is ridiculous.

Why would you be a fan if you did not go to the school idiot? Explan that one. I like their colors or mascot ? WHY THE HELL ARE YOU A FAN OF A UNIVERSITY YOU DID NOT ATTEND ? BECAUSE YOUR PARENTS LIKE THEM OR ATTENDED ? SO WHAT !

jg,

I am a Bull, I think I have proven in NUMEROUS times through knowledge of ALL Bulls sports teams and knowledge of where I lived at USF, etc. Call me a Gator apologist, but I'm also a UCF apologist, a FSU apologist, and once was called a Pitt apologist. I'm objective I always have been, sometimes you gotta step back and look at it, at a different angle.

I was making a point that other schools have fans of other teams at them. It's a fact of life that schools like FSU don't have strong biology departments (see my friend's FSU roomate at UF) as UF. Schools like UF don't have the Language Arts Program as FSU. There are plenty non-Nole fans at FSU (My cousin goes there and is a Gator) and there are plenty of non Gator fans at UF. If you want to go on an individual basis.

Should you take pride in your University and honor their degree...I hate when I see a UF/FSU/Miami/Alabama(worn by one of our cheerleaders in class) shirts on campus, am I going to hold it against them or call them out...no, it's the TEAM they like. However many of this kids do like USF and appreciate what the school has given them.

You must remember Athletics is only a PART of a university.

YEAH, BUT THAT IS THE REASON YOU PULL FOR THEM. ATHLETICS #1........... NOT THE DEBATE TEAM.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

jg,

There are several fans of USF on this board that didn't go to school here.

I'll state it one more time for you, I am not a Gator, have never been, and don't even own Gator Apparel. My parents are, as is one of my sisters and brother. Needless to say 90% of dinners during football season centers around college football and the Gators. I grew up an ND fan, my grandfather went there and for some reason I picked them to go for.

I don't like the Gators and I don't hate the Gators, I follow them, yes, but I follow FSU and Miami just as much (I even watched the FAU Oklahoma St game).  My parents have season tix for the Bulls and do come to games to support the team when the Gator's schedule doesn't conflict. They have Bull apparel and do follow the Bulls.

Sorry if this doesn't make me a Bulls fan...