• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dental and Pharmacy Schools in USF's future?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

Saw this this morning in the print edition that we have at the office.

Looks like an agressive plan has been laid out. I really hope it all comes to fruition.

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2006/04/03/story1.html?page=1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we definitely never have enough drug dealers

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

build a law school... there are a ton of USF grads practicing law back in the Tampa area that could help build the school.  Stetson currently dominates the Tampa market and they are not that good of a school... USF could easily be competitive.  Most other major cities have 2 or more schools, Tampa has a large enough legal market to support it

instead of making a new post, ill reply to jp here... UT is a better school than Stetson, sorry, every ranking out there agrees.  While Stetson may place well in one specialty ranking, overall they are not that good for a private school cost.  My original comment was in no way meant to compare UT to Stetson, it was only to say that USF would not be going up against that strong of a school and would be able to take away part of the market from Stetson.  

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

build a law school... there are a ton of USF grads practicing law back in the Tampa area that could help build the school.  Stetson currently dominates the Tampa market and they are not that good of a school... USF could easily be competitive.  Most other major cities have 2 or more schools, Tampa has a large enough legal market to support it

Tampa tried to land the regional FAMU law school branch a few years ago.  They were going to give the FAMU branch the old Tampa Police building for nothing.  Orlando won the bid over Tampa and other Florida cities.

I do not know the extact details, but the whole "Tampa is racist" issue popped put because of the  FAMU vs. BCC snafu with the defunt Tampa Bay Center mall.  It is amazing how that stupid inbred redneck mentality came back to bite the city in the butt.  No wonder the City of Tampa bent over backwards for the USF vs. FAMU game last year.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  19

RT, you speak as if you are attending Yale or Harvard. UT is no better than Stetson despite what you may think, but let's not debate the point on this thread.

While I would very much like to see USF open a law school, it probably will not be in any expansion plans for a long while; however, the potential for any expantion of USF's professional programs is exciting, and these programs will raise the school's national profile.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

pharm school would be cool....the futurs Mrs. Chitown is currently in pharm school up here in Illinois.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

That's what I want to hear! Great News!

Guest Sprtsfn627

I'd say we just take FAMU's pharmacy school.  Why do they get a pharmacy school in Tampa anyways?

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Dental and Pharmacy would be great additions to USF's medical school.  I foresee a fantastic relationship with the Proposed Dental school and the community, kids from meager economic means receiving free dental while dental students receive valuable experience.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Saw this this morning in the print edition that we have at the office.

Looks like an agressive plan has been laid out. I really hope it all comes to fruition.

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2006/04/03/story1.html?page=1

USF Health and USF Medical School have huge expansion plans for both Davis Island and the Main Campus.

With good strong leadership, and top-of-the-line MD Training Facility (complete with hotel, OR Training Rooms, etc...), USF is setting itself up to compete vs other schools/clinics over the next 20-40 years.

KL