• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Look who is on the front page...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

PJ would be much better if the coaches could ever fix what goes on between his ears. That's been a three-year battle that they may never win. It's not like he doesn't have any talent. (Shoddy reason, but it works - if I can take Video PJ in NCAA 06 and light it up with my brain making the decisions, he must have some ability.)

Shouldn't they cut their losses at some point and work on someone who just needs seasoning, instead of a transplant?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

PJ would be much better if the coaches could ever fix what goes on between his ears. That's been a three-year battle that they may never win. It's not like he doesn't have any talent. (Shoddy reason, but it works - if I can take Video PJ in NCAA 06 and light it up with my brain making the decisions, he must have some ability.)

Shouldn't they cut their losses at some point and work on someone who just needs seasoning, instead of a transplant?

Julmiste's problem has ALWAYS been between the ears.  The kid's got good speed.  His arm is there, you can see that EVERY time he throws a ROCKET into a receivers foot.

But, under pressure he gets happy feet or just goes down, and he does extremely odd things, like throwing swing passes REALLY hard (why, WHY would someone do this?), or just...not...changing blocking...when he sees a blitz coming.

Those are not junior mistakes, and some freshmen dont make them at that rate.  That said, since we've had NO qb for 4 years that could do this, im not sold completely on the fact that PJ alone is to blame.

Still, even a major rod smith canning proponent like me must admit PJ's logic is particularly bad.  But then again, many smarter players don't have that arm.  We need a guy with both.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

"That is not true I talked to CJL and he told me that he thinks that CD could be a good QB but they don’t have enough time in practice to work with him"

THIS IS PURE COMEDY

PJ SUCKED FOR 2 YEARS AND HE WILL SUCK NEXT YEAR IF HE PLAYS

the qb situation at usf is dysfunctional to say the least

i am not optimistic about qb situation with our coaching staff

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

"That is not true I talked to CJL and he told me that he thinks that CD could be a good QB but they don’t have enough time in practice to work with him"

THIS IS PURE COMEDY

PJ SUCKED FOR 2 YEARS AND HE WILL SUCK NEXT YEAR IF HE PLAYS

the qb situation at usf is dysfunctional to say the least

i am not optimistic about qb situation with our coaching staff

This is one smazza post I am going to have to agree with, although I find it hard to blame a kid who is chasing his dream.  Blame the coaches, recruiters, whatever.  But this kid is chasing a dream that most of us never had a chance of realizing.  The coaches have to realize when it is time to switch him to another position.  It is not up to players to take themselves out.  I bet he is a nice kid.  But we need another quarterback.

I think many of us are so frustrated because, really, except for quarterback, we have had a good team that could throw down with the best of them.  Get that position fixed and we will be giant killers.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think many of us are so frustrated because, really, except for quarterback, we have had a good team that could throw down with the best of them.  Get that position fixed and we will be giant killers.

If we'd had a QB and an OC last year, we would have been giant killers...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Good grief, haven't we seen the last of PJ? Now publications are making him the face of our football team.

Anyone but PJ, please.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Denson was railroaded by poor play calls and coaches jumping the gun and pulling him too fast.  This didn't start with Denson, I rember PJ getting yanked after a snap went over his head in his first "crunch time" game action. PJ could have been developed to be a "good enough" QB, and with some supportive play calling could be having a decent college career.

I guess the QB coach is too busy tinking up plays like "Voodoo 5" to teach his QB decent throwing technique.        

The QB railroad hasn't slowed down, I'm extremely concerned with how C Hill was yanked in the bowl game... If the coaches don't stick with a new starter through their first mistakes there's no way we'll ever develop a good QB.