• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Herman, Your the certified MORON, I NEVER said Matta was going to IU...If I did help me because thats a moronic statement. I said and I quote, "they[iU fans] want Thad Matta." Will they get him, no, I think they know that, in fact they will probably get Alford. Most the fans don't want him thats all I was stating.

As for Rezz and I being the same guy, I respect Rezz and all but I don't think we've ever agreed on anything until this thread.

Sorry if I wasn't clear and you misinterpreted it.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

i would pass on him

davis is nothing without bobby knight

i wonder of knight will go back to iu

...bury me upside down so IU can kiss my...!

masking at bobby  knight

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Davis isn't a bad coach -  he suffered the fate that every man has every had who followed a legend.

You follow a legend you are going to be run out of town.  The team they have is dame good.  They hit a rough patch - but their RPI is stil 41.  They have some decent wins.  They need to win a whole bunch of games down the stretch, but they still have an honest chance at making the tourny.  

Sometimes fans can be their own worst enemy.  IU fans were pretty ungreatful.  All this "it was bobby knights team" is just a bunch of crap.

Knight had not sniffed the final four in like 10 years.  I couldn't remember a time they went deep in the later years of his tenure.

Davis was a decent quality.  To many critics.....so he said "im out."

I don't blame him.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Davis was a decent quality.  To many critics.....so he said "im out."

Too many "legit" critics with big time funds rolling from their bank accounts into the program...$7.46 in concessions didn't chase Davis out.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm no IU fan, but if you don't go to the NCAA's for what could be a 3rd year in a row at IU, there needs to be a change of scenery.

Ari - your slamming RMC for three years of not great teams, how would you feel if we'd been going to the NCAAs almost every season for 50-60 years and then didn't go for a few seasons.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I can understand their frustrations, but they were ******** up a storm about davis last year.  

Then he came out this year -- started out 10-2 and they still wouldn't shut up.

I think he understands his situation.  I like how in his press conference he mentioned that "university need to finish healing from the coach Knight years."

I thought that was a shot across the bow at the donors.   Good stuff.

You can criticize davis all you want, but he did take that team to a national title game, and he does recruit his pants off.

I think this was a good move for him and the university.  He wasn't ever going to silence the nim rods.

As for my critique of mac.  Totally unaccpetalbe to have 3 straight losing seasons and enter the big east conference and not have a single win.  I don't care what the circumstances are.  Just my opin.  I also think Mac hasn't produced much on the recruiting side of the things.  

BUt as for davis, he seems like a stand up guy.  But what do i know.