• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

What are the chances of bringing Mike Davis from IU here after the season?

And, would that be a good pick to replace McCollum?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

While we're at it, lets get Ron Zook in as a football coach...

Mike Davis, simply put, is a great recruiter and terrible coach. He took the last of Bobby Knight's kids and brought them to the Final 4 on what they had learned from coach Knight. He couldn't make the tourny (for what will be a 3rd year in a row) at IU one of if not THE premier basketball programs history wise in the country. He's better suited going to a lower conference and reorganizing himself.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

IU is most likely going to make the tournament this year.  Talk about injuries his big man DJ White who is astar has been out all year.  The fans at IU are the worst, they want Alfrod from IOwa because he went to IU and thats the only reason.  Davis had Dwight Howard going to IU, imagine that guy went to college, IU would be in the final 4 .  I agree with you that he is a bad coach, but sometimes recruits can go very far.

Im sure his chances of coming to usf are slim but he will coach a power conference team next year.  

He would definitely work out here though  :)

Herman you couldn't be FARTHER from the facts:

First, IU fans DON'T want Alford, they want Thad Matta. In fact many of them are asking to not even interview Alford. (Workmate is an IU alum) Go check the rivals IU board and you won't see much support for the guy, IU fans don't like his short tourny stays.

Second, Dwight Howard was going to Duke or UNC if he went to college. IU was on his list but as a Magic fan, I remember them saying during the draft that he was down to the two tobacco road schools.

Third, IU is 13-9 and just lost to PENN STATE. They don't have much wiggle room to make the tourny. I don't think they will.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

First, IU fans DON'T want Alford, they want Thad Matta.

Second, Dwight Howard was going to Duke or UNC if he went to college.

Third, IU is 13-9 and just lost to PENN STATE. They don't have much wiggle room to make the tourny. I don't think they will.

thank you for pointing out a couple of facts where this guy talks out of his ass.  i just wish that brad was not afraid of being called someone who censors his message board but i think anyone who pays attention really knows that herm, ira, and that other jew are the same person.

no disrespect to jewbull and the others...but come on...ira, herm, and longdongjew are a pleg........

i would much rather have mike davis than higgins....

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i would pass on him

davis is nothing without bobby knight

i wonder of knight will go back to iu

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

What are the chances of bringing Mike Davis from IU here after the season?

Zero. We won't have an opening ...

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

First, IU fans DON'T want Alford, they want Thad Matta.

Some think they are going to pry Pearl away from UT since he coached at Southern Indiana before his UWM stop...  sad thing they don't realize that UT could buy IU if they wanted to

Haha, I think most know that 4 of the guys that many IU fans want (Thad Matta, Rick Barnes, Billy Donovan, and Bruce Pearl) coach at four of the schools with the most money in the bank (Ohio State, Florida, and Texas in that order, Tennessee is in the lower half of the top 10). How the heck to they expect to outbid those schools when they have no money from football comming in which is where 80% of those other school make their money?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Really Joe? IU doesnt want Alford, in fact yes they do they are just not sure if they are going to be able to get him.  He is a hot commodity.  Thad Matta?  Your an idiot, he just signed with OSU and has Greg Ogden coming in there. Do you think he is going to leave that great situation for IU.  Wow your a moron box.  I think Rezz and Joe are the same guy.  Two fags.  Dont talk **** about me, I dont about you.  If we disagree say your point and dont call me out , because we can settle this another way.  

The recruit I meant, that committed and left was Josh Smith. My mistake it was late and I had a usf hangover after another loss.