• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here is more to that crazy rumor

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

First Donger, congrats on mostly staying on topic here...

Secondly,

--- has rumors surrounding him coming to south florida and everyone on this board is annoyed.  ...  This is should be front page news, but NO you guys stand behind a guy that hasn't had a single winning seasons since he has been here.  it makes no sense.

I've bolded the words I think will help...you say it is a rumor that should be front page news - and somehow you think that makes sense?

USF has been mentioned along side every other mid to upper echelon program struggling this season...I'm not sure that is something that anyone is going to get too excited over.  That is part of the problem.  We have a coach, when he resigns, retires or gets terminated you'll see a lot more interest in your and others' speculaton.  I'd love a new baseball coach, but right now isn't the time to get excited about Joe Torre coming here.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rueben_Horowitz
id much rather have someone else without the long track record of controversy build our program back to the promise land.

Blah blah blah.

What long track record. He got a DUI; didn't we have a member of a coaching staff get a DUI??

The guy recruited top players in the nation. Lots of these kids have very few things they are good at. BB is their gift, not brains, good judgement etc...He gives them a chance to turn their lives around. And he goes to the NCAA tournament!!!

Just say you don't care about bb. That's fine; but you have to realize how huge this could be for USF.

It truly is an amazing rumor and fun to get all giggly about...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

You're like the grinch who says never dream...

so sad

It makes me smile to just imagine it.  Can't i just dream?  Just live to imagine a day when South Florida basketball contends for an NCAA berth?  

Oh to be in Utopia

You're like the grinch who says never dream...

so sad

It makes me smile to just imagine it.  Can't i just dream?  Just live to imagine a day when South Florida basketball contends for an NCAA berth?  

Oh to be in Utopia

LOL - yeah, I 'm a mean one...

Dream, enjoy it...but you don't need tell us all your dreams and this one I have heard enough!  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

We should hire huggins and then hire Sutton to be his designated driver.  

Hey did you hear Joe Torre was coming to coach USF?  Watch out Call Fullerton and Miami here comes USF!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

What long track record. He got a DUI; didn't we have a member of a coaching staff get a DUI??

Just say you don't care about bb. That's fine; but you have to realize how huge this could be for USF.

his track record has a little more than a DUI.

why don't we just hire Dicky V as our coach.  He already lives in the area and he could probably get some recruits in here.  maybe we can top his ESPN salary.

i know that Coach K just turned down the Lakers last year but maybe it was because he is holding out for the USF job.

We should hire huggins and then hire Sutton to be his designated driver.  

That's a good one...   ;D

Hey did you hear Joe Torre was coming to coach USF?  Watch out Call Fullerton and Miami here comes USF!

At risk of going off-topic and having to self-delte, Yes,  I read it on a message board, here is the link:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=33;action=display;num=1139894365

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

would you guys be willing to sacrifice winning for students that come in here and leave without getting an education?  his players never graduated, he had the lowest graduation rate in the ncaa when he was coaching at cincy.  to me academics are important, and i know families really care about that as well, and is something they look at when being recruited.  hes players have constantly been in trouble with the law, and so has he.  theres a reason we call cincy "Criminati".  i don't want that type of person coaching here at usf, i don't care what he did on the court, theres more to being a coach than what u do on the court.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

^^^^^^^^^^^

i agree 100%