• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spurrier to the Bulls . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

I kinda associated this whole thing with Pitino leaving UK, then ending up at Louisville. When UK wins, Tubby is the greatest coach ever. When UK loses IN THE 2ND ROUND (btw I won $20.00 on that game) the bluegrasser wish for the good 'ole days of Ricky.

If this season was another start of a string of several losing seasons, I could see people "wishing" Spurrier were becoming a bull. However, for now I hope Spurrier steps in a cowpie walking to his car from OUR practices.

I truly think I would puke up my intestines if I heard Spurrier or Bowden (or any children thereof) became coaches at USF.  :-X

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The KY faithful despise Pitino and do NOT wish him back even when they lose!  As for Spurrier, he got his ass handed to him in the NFL, if he came back to the College game, I'm sure every opposing coach would be looking at game film from the pros to see how to stop ol'fun and gun, I don't want Spurrier at USF, hell, I'm having a hard time with having an ex-gator on the coaching staff!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63

I'm not a big SS fan but if is big A$$ ego could handle OC then that sure would be a lot better then the high school offense of Hobie

GO BULLS!!!

BIGJL

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I believe Spurrier was there just to see his old friend, Carl Franks. I have read that both Franks and Spurrier are close.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Bullwark--I dont think ANY college can watch what a pro team does and copy it.  The pros play their assignments very well.  Part of what Spurrier does is confuse defenses so they screw up and give up big plays.  Relatively EASY to do in college vs the NFL, dont you think?

That said,  Leavitt has one of the better winning % since he has started here, and has worked to be better every year.  If spurrier wants to be OC, he can try like any other candidate.  But i dont think making him one would reflect well on our integrity...we dont have an opening do we?

He is for another school to take.  And some places could use his help alot more than us...we've been doing pretty well thus far, changing personnel would only screw things up.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i have a few football players in one of my classes and i heard them reading this story out loud and mentioning that they never saw spurrior at the fields... ???

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

i have a few football players in one of my classes and i heard them reading this story out loud and mentioning that they never saw spurrior at the fields... ???

I believe he was hidden from view by Gramatica. lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

We have 'noles and gayterds(?) already on the staff ... as far as coaching, I would take any qualified coach to help our team ...

Leavitt Will Always be Our Beloved Coach !!!

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

My OC comments were purely tongue-in-cheek, but who knows...

He has ties in this area, probably doesn't need the money he could demand and it would give him more time for golf than going back to a HC job somewhere.

Ego conflicts aside, it's a fun 'what if' scenario, however unlikely it is.   Having SS as assistant HC/Offense and CJL as HC and being able to concentrate on the D would be very intriguing, to say the least.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

SS as a USF OC is sooooo fantasy.  I might as well be dreamin' about me and Jennifer Aniston or Cameron Diaz or Kristine Applegate or Kelly Preston (I really like her last name.  ;D)  getting married and havin' mini Bulldoug's.