• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOOTBALL ATTENDANCE !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Free shuttles, oh wait they do that allready...

I was really impressed with the student showing this year.  Much better than years past and looks to be on a steady climb.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Twilly I was too. Unfortunatly most of it was for the UCF games, by far the biggest AND the students actually were excited for this one. The FAMU game, most were mingling by the ship and came down to watch FAMU's band. UL good attendance once we started running away with the game the students came down and were in the game. I hoped ofr the same v. WVU...but most left at 1/2 time. I think student attendance will be a little down in 2006 because of the lack of big name opponents and prominant in state game...I mean you think they'll get jacked for FIU?

PS- Those shuttles as nice as they are to have are the BIGGEST pain the ARSE.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

Just win -- that is all you have to do.  It will take time, but win and give people something to be proud of.

Give them something to talk their fellow employees about.  come monday morning give them a chance to say "did you see south florida kick the crap out of ......." (and the team has to be a stalwart in college football.) we have about 5 more years until we get taken seriously.  

We need to be a team like UGA in a bowl.... or knock of a VATech in a bowl.  Something big will get it done, until then, don't worry about it.

Just tell CJL to get a QB and everything will work itself out.

the basektball program is another story.  a tourny that has Four letters will solve that NCAA

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we need to not finish #6 out of 8 teams in recruiting inworst football conference in big east

more talent=better chance winning

less talent=no chance winning

leavitt needs to stop being so paranoid and open all practices to tampa area youth and their football programs.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

You can't open practice to recruits, in the Bay Area or anywhere else. It is against NCAA violations...

I thought we were supposed to 'learn' from you?

Guest BullsFans

IMO....winning isn't going to make much of a difference...if students aren't interested in football they aren't going to go to the games...and apparently only a very small percentage of USF students are interested....smoozing behind the pirateship doesn't count.

The only thing cheap beer before for students the game will do is bring more drunks into the stadium...who needs them.

I think its time to start charging students to get into the Ray Jay....the one's who really want to see football will come ...let the others stay home....there are plenty of colleges that have losing teams yet  fill their stadiums without letting students in for free.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

A lot of students go to the games so they can be "seen." I'm a student, I go to all of the games, and nobody around me know what the hell is going on most of the times. It is just a reason for a lot of kids to get drunk on Saturday nights.

Also, why would you not want all of the co-eds to not attend the games? Even if they dont care about the games, it keeps people(males) from falling asleep against those thrillers against Tennessee Tech and FAMU.

You gotta remember that those kids that dont know whats going on, make our attendance respectable because without them, there would only be about 25k in the stands.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Bullsfans, all students support athletics through fees.  If you charged them, you would have to lower the fee.  Then you would only be getting money from the students who go...as opposed to now when you get money from those who go and those who don't.

Students will come out when USF football games are "the place to be."  Bottom line.  USFs student body, as a whole, isn't any different than UCF, FSU, UF or any other school.  Especially when you get into the 40K + student body size...averages work themselves out.

So how do you make USF football "the place to be?"  It starts with freshman.  Freshman will go where they are told.  Freshman orientations are a great way to hype up a captive audience...we did that and it worked, we also followed up with a program called "Freshman Frenzy" in which 1,000 students were bused to the game, given food before hand and then formed a tunnel for the team to run out through.  

Then, as we all know, you need to get the Greeks and other large student organizations to help set the tone.  

Bottom line - you don't have to like football to go to a football game.  Half of the student sections across America are female.  Do 40-50 percent of females in america really like football?  A 50 percent divorce rate says NO!

Good luck.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think its time to start charging students to get into the Ray Jay....the one's who really want to see football will come ...let the others stay home....there are plenty of colleges that have losing teams yet  fill their stadiums without letting students in for free.

Obviously you don't realize that the reason the students get in free is because they pay an athletic fee as part of their semester tuition.  They can't charge them for tickets.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Charging for attendance KILL the athletic department. They get paid regardless whether a kid goes to a game now or not. Start charging and you will see 40,000 "donees" gone and 1000 standing proud at the game.