• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MAC is doing a great job.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

I am really starting to dig beastiebulls style.  We are on the same wave lenght my friend.

Don't let their excuses get to you.  Budgets have very little to do with it.  LOTS AND LOTS of teams field great basketball teams on average budgets.

Gonzaga was a nobody ten years ago.  they still play their non-big games in a freakin GYM!  basketball is one of the most profitable teams you can field.  Overhead is probably a 1/4 of what footballs is.  and you have about 30 more games -- and tickets are about the same price.  Yeah the crowds are smaller --but don't give me this "you need a big budget to be good."

There are plenty of good coaches out there that don't cost a ton of money.  CJL was one of them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries -- Budgets -- blowhard players

YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA..

stop making excuses.  you play the hand you are dealt.

We lost to BCC.  come on

Just another thought ---

GW is ranked #10 in the country -- and if you could see the smith center where they play basketball you wouldn't spew all of this crap.

I think plant high has a bigger setup.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

What a joke.  So every team that has success has a huge budget....riiiiight.  I guess we had that huge budget back in 1992?  WTH happened to that budget?  Did you stop making your multimillion dollar donations.  Funny that half of the posts you've made on this board have been about how much you donate and how little everyone else donates.   ::)  

we were in the sunbelt. you think we should have the same success in the BE that we had in the sunbelt on the same budget?

Everyone complains about coaches, recruiting, marketing, athletic field conditions, on campus stadiums, etc., etc. It all takes money. I'm just wondering what they are doing to be a part of the solution. I could care less if they give $50 a year as long as they are making an effort.

Keep complaining beastie. that will surely solve our underfunded basketball program's problems.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Mac is entitled to his 4-5 years to rebuild a program, just as would any coach we hired, big name or not. Seth had 7 years to do this and that's why I called for his head 2 years before he left.

Am I pleased by Mac progress? Absolutely not, he is progressing MUCH slower than I would have expected and preferred.

By the looks of the program now i do not think he will have us where we need to be in 2 years and I expect him to get whacked, but regardless, the guy signed a contract and deserves the time to prove it.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

we were in the sunbelt. you think we should have the same success in the BE that we had in the sunbelt on the same budget?

Everyone complains about coaches, recruiting, marketing, athletic field conditions, on campus stadiums, etc., etc. It all takes money. I'm just wondering what they are doing to be a part of the solution. I could care less if they give $50 a year as long as they are making an effort.

Keep complaining beastie. that will surely solve our underfunded basketball program's problems.

Oh OK, now we're changing the argument from "an underfunded basketball team can't compete" to "uhhh, an underfunded basketball team in a Major conference can't compete".  You guys go to the John Kerry school of debate or what?

BTW I'm pretty sure we have a higher budget than we did when we were in the Sunbelt.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

Yep but unfurtunately we are the LOWEST budgeted team in our league now as opposed to top or middle in Sun Belt

How many of those teams have the injuries that we do?

Well, Cincy has more injuries than we do, an EXTREMELY low cost interim FIRST YEAR HC and they freaking mopped us.  

We have a coach who is in his third year, has NEVER put a full roster on our sideline, and who is about to have one of the worst records in school history.  He KNEW we were entering the BE this year and absolutely WAS NOT  prepared.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

Ok i know you are not comparing Cincy basketball to USF basketball?

Cincy basketball budget 3.75 mill, USF 1.765 mill

Cincy's attendance is more than our BEST EVER.

and im not going to talk about tradition.

No comparison bettween coaching and recruiiting at Cincy and USF