• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MAC is doing a great job.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Long Dong the A-10 is not better than conf. USA, maybe this year but all those other years no way.  I think you ar thinking of UMASS when they had Marcus Camby, TRavieso and Edgar Padilla.  Thse days are long gone.  

If we give him another year and he doesnt make the touney, no problem.  BUT, if we give him another year and we are doormats and being mentioned on ESPN he has to go.  It will be a few years with no improvement, we have to put our foot down somewhere.

I just look at St johns for example.  Norm Roberts is making that team competitive with all their problems, like taping sex activities, probation on recruiting, etc.  He is the old Kansas assistant, I just wish we would have gotten a guy like that.  Maybe Im wrong and Mac will turn out OK, I just do not see it as of yet at all.

Herm -

PS BigEastBeast, I like the Jets comments at the bottom of the post.  You should learn from that Bulls94, we can draft anyone and Boo, keeps you on your toes you know!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

This situation reminds me of how hard it is to leave a girlfriend or boyfriend you know isn't working.

You think to yourslef -- "the sex will get better, just give it some time."

"he cheated, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to him."

"yeah he is fat and doesn't take of himself, but maybe I can push him out the door and to the gym."

"yeah he beats me, but maybe its because I am a little hard to deal with."

They have mental disorders named after these types of rationalizing thoughts.  As hard as it is to do, you, we need to let him go.

The most difficult thing to do in a game of poker is lay your hand down and walk away.

I think woolard is going to do it though.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You don't get it, moron.

St Bonnies is 6-13 (0-8).

how is that year in and year out? You don't think we would have a better record if we played in the A-10? maybe we should go back to the sunbelt so we can win some games for you?

St Joe's 9-9 (3-5)

Dayton 11-11 (3-5)

and if you think Gonzaga's basketball budget is less than ours then you are smoking some good stuff. Do you honestly think their coach is paid less than Mac?

As someone who knows the Dayton athletic dept well, this is an off year where much of the team that is playing is Sophomores, they did beat UC this year. They also have a very good recruiting class lined up for the next two seasons. Normally Dayton is a tourny team going 4 of the 6 years in the 2000s so far. This will be their 1st losing season since 1998 if they do not get above .500.

PS- They also average 12,000 fans a game.

by the way, for all the haters of LONGDONGDONG.

my threads ALWAYS get at least 30 response.  It's because I am such a likeable guy --

or maybe it's my spelling errors that keeps um coming back.

like bees to honey baby -- nobody can get enough of the LongDong.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

The coach has had his chance.  There will always be some kind of excuse when the job is not getting done.  It is difficult to make the decision to move on, but it is a waste of the program not to make that decision NOW.  We have nothing to lose at this point but the label of doormat.

Not necessarily true.

Loose comparison but we haven't been getting it done offensively in football, but its a select few who are making excuses for good ole Rod. The majority of people are more than willing to go over to his house, help him pack his bags and drop him off at TIA with a plane ticket to Buffalo (or anywhere else but here) in hand.

And just to retread the question that has been asked over and over, who do you replace him with that we can afford?

Also, what do you get out of firing him in the middle of the season? In my opinion you do that now and you just make things worse rather than better.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

LongDong Dong whats with all the "he"!

He cheats on me, he is fat.  

I wasnt aware you were gay. JK

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

This situation reminds me of how hard it is to leave a girlfriend or boyfriend you know isn't working.

You think to yourslef -- "the sex will get better, just give it some time."

"he cheated, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to him."

"yeah he is fat and doesn't take of himself, but maybe I can push him out the door and to the gym."

"yeah he beats me, but maybe its because I am a little hard to deal with."

They have mental disorders named after these types of rationalizing thoughts.  As hard as it is to do, you, we need to let him go.

The most difficult thing to do in a game of poker is lay your hand down and walk away.

I think woolard is going to do it though.

What a strange group of analogies... :o  

you're a good man Joe -- a good man.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Agreed. Also, it seems like no one really wants the ball in their hands when it counts, Villanova game illustrated this in my opinion. Lots of good defense, but we passed on a lot of open looks...maybe it's a lack of confidence, maybe it's a lack of ability; or a combination of the two.

Bull94 - No need for name calling; a battle that you'd likely lose anyway, give it up. And you pick out three teams on that list and give their record this season...good point, fart. I think Ari's point was that they have historically better programs without a big budget. Keep on preaching the "no-money" argument, which sounds less compelling each time I hear it.

I still would like to know where all the money came to build our football program...I admit ignorance on this issue. It seems like we could pull money out of that imaginary hat to help our bb program.

Rueb

He pointed out those 3 teams at the bottom of his response to prove a point. I called him on them. I'd also like him to prove his knowledge of their budgets if he is claiming they are smaller.

I know for a fact that St John's budget is about $5 mil more than ours and they don't have a football program to fund. I'd be willing to bet Gonzaga's is substantially higher.

You guys don't seem to think playing in a lesser conference provides these teams with more wins and therefore more tourney appearances? that's like comparing little league records to the majors. Why don't we start listing NAIA schools with better records?

and don't tell me the A10 was better than the CUSA we played in with cincy, UofL, Marquette, DePaul, UNCC, memphis.

I'm not on the inside to tell you where the money came from but I'm willing to bet it did divert some of the funds for the hoops program. I think everyone here realizes that we are commited to the football program first and foremost and it was the only reason we were invited to the BE.

I'm sure you're from the real world, reub and believe that money makes the world go round. if you honestly believe we can compete with less money then perhaps I can drop my donation. good reasoning.

How about you and you cohorts pull money out of your imaginary hats to help fund our bball program? why is it you expect others to do your heavy lifting? you're starting to sound like beastie.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

give him an extension like leavitt