• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MAC is doing a great job.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Amen Mr. Perspect! Embarassment!! Couldnt say it any better.  

The sad part is that everyone on this board is a USF fan.  Only the smart ones know we need to get rid of Mac.

Velcro - are you going to tell me if Allen Ray (St. Raymonds, Bronx NY seen him play with Julius Hodge in the same backcourt) did play we wouldnt get stomped.  

Chris Sumpter is hurt as well for Nova.  They may play their best players but in their minds its like a scrimmage game, noone get hurt.   Jason Fraser played minimal minutes and was def. taking it easy onhis knees (9 surgeries).  

Yes I watched the game.  Nova played bad but knew they were going to beat us.  WVU, didnt watch that game, but heard it was the ugliest WVU ever played.  Believe me it was not our defense.  Just an off, not trying too hard.  Believe me I want USF to get good more than anyone else.  Was born in NY, coerced to go to St. Johns, but chose USF.  All I want it to be able to call up some old buddies and say "Hey watch out for USF"  I have no chance of ever doing that soon.  

Herm - new slogan is,Fire Mac, not now but right now!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Baylor won folks.  It's just us now.  Truly, truly sad.  THE FASTER ROBERT MAC IS GONE THE SOONER WE CAN RETURN TO MEDIOCRITY.  'CUZ RIGHT NOW HE HAS RUN THIS PROGRAM INTO THE GROUND

Cinci was in a worse situation than we are and they mopped the floor with us.  We're an embarrasment.

ESPN was talking about how the BE was the best conference in the nation, but the Big10 "had better RPI ONLY BECAUSE SOUTH FLORIDA IS WEIGHING DOWN THE BE"  wE'RE A NATIONAL EMBARRASMENT.

exactly how is cincy in a worse position than USF? because they had 3 Mr Basketballs from3 different states on their team and now they only have 2? because they had a player arrested for ****? or the player arrested on gun charges?

Our fans and supporters are the embarrasment. I'm not sure anything will change if we fire this coach. It's the problem of having an underfunded program. That resposibility lies with donors and fans (us) not coaches and players. I'm sure if you looked at the rankings of coaches pay, recruiting budgets, travel expenses, etc., ours would be at the bottom. The results for what we invest in this program do not surprise me.

Our last coach left for 3 times the pay even though he accomplished absolutely nothing in a much lesser conference here. I think he realized it is a dead end job without fan or financial support.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Amen Mr. Perspect! Embarassment!! Couldnt say it any better.  

The sad part is that everyone on this board is a USF fan.  Only the smart ones know we need to get rid of Mac.

Velcro - are you going to tell me if Allen Ray (St. Raymonds, Bronx NY seen him play with Julius Hodge in the same backcourt) did play we wouldnt get stomped.  

Chris Sumpter is hurt as well for Nova.  They may play their best players but in their minds its like a scrimmage game, noone get hurt.   Jason Fraser played minimal minutes and was def. taking it easy onhis knees (9 surgeries).  

Yes I watched the game.  Nova played bad but knew they were going to beat us.  WVU, didnt watch that game, but heard it was the ugliest WVU ever played.  Believe me it was not our defense.  Just an off, not trying too hard.  Believe me I want USF to get good more than anyone else.  Was born in NY, coerced to go to St. Johns, but chose USF.  All I want it to be able to call up some old buddies and say "Hey watch out for USF"  I have no chance of ever doing that soon.  

Herm - new slogan is,Fire Mac, not now but right now!

Villanova played the best lineup they possibly had available... yes they had injuries... but you know what... so do we.  So 2 injured teams went at it, one ranked #6 and one at the bottom of the big east and we had a shot with 5 seconds left to win that didn't drop.

Nova didn't know they were going to win... they thought they would, but they were every bit as scared as they could be and they didn't keep anyone out of the game that wasn't injured.

If you can use the "They were injured and that is why they played bad" card rather than give us credit for great defense, then I can say the same thing... we are injured and still had a chance against a top team.

Not giving us credit where we deserve it takes away credibility from when you attack your perceived problems.  

The problems are based on recruiting, i agree Mac does need to do better... especially with depth, but the players that he is picking up shows he knows what he wants in his system.  You will see, if we can get health... there is light at the end of the tunnel.  If we can't get healthy... i'd be for a change just for a change of luck... but that isn't the case right now.

Bull94 blame it on everyone except the coach.  You know how you get students and alumni to donate and attend games.  You put a product out on the florr that can at least compete.  If MAC is such a great man, like you claim wouldnt u think some alum would invest in him.  I know a retired professor at USF from when I worked at Tampa Palms.  We spoke USF bball all the time.  The main reason he only contributed for his seats and nothing else was the product and the coach.  At the time it was Seth Greenburg and The USF missed free throws, but still I know he would not contribute to this bum.  

Bull94 it is just like anything else, if you put someting worth watching or buying people will buy it.  

And whats with all the excuses like, its going to take us a few years to get good.  Thats BS get a good coach in here some recruits and lets shake some things up.  I seen a lot crazier things than that. Memphis didnt make the tourney last year, I think they are 4 in the nation now.  Come on, this guy would rather blame himself for USF losing over  the the coach, AD, and players.  We can fill every seat in teh house vs UCONN and get blown out. Has nothing to do with us.  Make a good program and "we" will come!

Herm - **** it feels good to be a gangster

Velcro, I give the team credit for keeping it close with Nova.  I give them credit for keeping it close with WVA too.  It is just that when we are the only team in the power conferences without a conference win and ESPN says the BE would be the best if it wasnt for USF. It kind of hurts.  You do not know this about me but I was the guys ta every USF game when they were empty and we were playing UAB, or UNC CHarlotte, etc.  

I have the upmost respect for the university and everything being done to improve it.  You see light at the end of this tunnel, I say tear the tunnel down and build a new one.  We both have the same interests and goals in line just have diff. ideas on how to obtain them.  Though I respect your opinion, I just feel we need a complete 180.  We are spoken about on national TV about being doormats.  I cant handle it anymore, we went from mediocracy to terrible.  We need a change

Herm

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Let's fire Mac & hire another coach from a weak ass conference with no connections to take over and start another 3-4 yr rebuilding process.  (No USF cannot afford $1MM per for Huggins.)  Firing MAC makes all the sense in the world since the current rebuilder is only half way through his process and has been dealing with injuries since day one as in Marlon Bryan in '03, B-MO in '04, & Howard in '05.  The corner will be turned soon enuff and USF will rise to be competitive.  We are bound to get a blue chipper from the Bay Area that wants Mom & Dad at every game soon enuff.

I am willing to say, if the "W" don't drop Friday or sometime this season then maybe it is time to pull the plug and if there are no uncontrolable circumstances.  Holmes and Jones better not get in foul trouble.  BTW why the heck is that game at 6pm tomorrow.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

You see light at the end of this tunnel, I say tear the tunnel down and build a new one.

The tunnel was torn down two and half years ago. It takes a while to build a firm foundation for a really strong tunnel. The end of next year should reveal how firm the foundation is.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Velcro, I give the team credit for keeping it close with Nova.  I give them credit for keeping it close with WVA too.  It is just that when we are the only team in the power conferences without a conference win and ESPN says the BE would be the best if it wasnt for USF. It kind of hurts.  You do not know this about me but I was the guys ta every USF game when they were empty and we were playing UAB, or UNC CHarlotte, etc.  

I have the upmost respect for the university and everything being done to improve it.  You see light at the end of this tunnel, I say tear the tunnel down and build a new one.  We both have the same interests and goals in line just have diff. ideas on how to obtain them.  Though I respect your opinion, I just feel we need a complete 180.  We are spoken about on national TV about being doormats.  I cant handle it anymore, we went from mediocracy to terrible.  We need a change

Herm

And i do respect your opinion... i just don't believe it is time to tear down the tunnel, not yet anyway.

If i thought it was as hopeless as you... i would certainly say start the re-re-building process all over sooner than later...  but i'm not to that point.  I really want to see what happens at least early next year and going into league play next year.  We'll have a bigger lineup, more depth, and a true quality PG.  If we can't win with them... you are right... move on.  But i don't think that will be the case.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I am willing to say, if the "W" don't drop Friday or sometime this season then maybe it is time to pull the plug and if there are no uncontrolable circumstances.

What's the real difference between a 0 win season and 2-3 win season this year in regards to "pulling the plug"?

A win would be nice for Jones and Holmes but other than that ................

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bull94 blame it on everyone except the coach.  You know how you get students and alumni to donate and attend games.  You put a product out on the florr that can at least compete.  If MAC is such a great man, like you claim wouldnt u think some alum would invest in him.  I know a retired professor at USF from when I worked at Tampa Palms.  We spoke USF bball all the time.  The main reason he only contributed for his seats and nothing else was the product and the coach.  At the time it was Seth Greenburg and The USF missed free throws, but still I know he would not contribute to this bum.  

Bull94 it is just like anything else, if you put someting worth watching or buying people will buy it.  

And whats with all the excuses like, its going to take us a few years to get good.  Thats BS get a good coach in here some recruits and lets shake some things up.  I seen a lot crazier things than that. Memphis didnt make the tourney last year, I think they are 4 in the nation now.  Come on, this guy would rather blame himself for USF losing over  the the coach, AD, and players.  We can fill every seat in teh house vs UCONN and get blown out. Has nothing to do with us.  Make a good program and "we" will come!

Herm - **** it feels good to be a gangster

I believe Memphis' coach is paid close to $1.5 million dollars a year.

If YOU come up with the $1.2 million difference then I say can Mac and bring in Caliparri. I'm not sure how much a retired proffesor donates to the program but I assume it's something less than $1.2 mil.

I'm not making excuses. I'm taking responsibility as all donors and alumni should do. This is our program and it stinks because it is underfunded. It is underfunded because of us.

It has everyhting to do with us Herman. I thought you would understand that and not try and project blame elsewhere.

It's not as if Mac walked into a top 25 program that goes to the tourney every year. We were mediocre at best in the CUSA and now you want us to be top notch in what could be the best basketball conference of all time in our first year? laughable.

Maybe if the donors and alumni stepped up and funded this program we could be competitive. Until then we should expect to get what we pay for.