• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As I noted before a good class not a great one.  However, some of my breakdowns of the class, for what its worth:

1. Greatly increased the depth and quality of the LBs.

2. Increased competition among the WRs, don't forget that both Taurus Johnson and Devin Hester (last year's 3-star WRs) did play and were not redshirted.  I imagine this year's three WRs will have the same opportunity.

3. Lots of OL and DL size and results.  A lot of all-state players at the various levels.  The competition should be very fierce the next few years as these guys mature physically.

4. No absolute playmakers in the Defensive or Offensive backfields, but Aston Samuels and Jerrell Young are intriguing.

5. The eternal QB search continues.  Wish Thaddeus Lewis picked us instead of Duke, but his rankings compare to Grothe's from last year.  Who knows about Alwan lee.

In short, a class not built for a National Championship run, but should allow us to be competitive.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

no single recruiting class is going to land us, or anyone else, a national championship.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

and neither is Rod Smith -/

There's no need to highjack this thread.  It was about recruiting, not coaching.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Exactly, Recruiting classes take time ot build. While I believe we're years away from a National Title. This class will keep us competitive in conference.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Its Jesse Hester Jr, not Devin Hester, he is from Miami and entering the NFL draft.  ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

From the breakdowns and what CJL had to say last night, it appears that we brought in size and speed where necessary.

The WRs, LBs and O and D linemen all appear to be able to bring things to the table that we need in thos positions.

As for playmakers in the offensive backfield, i think we already have them in Ponton, Simpson and Plancher (from what coach says). They're all young, so it will give the recruits we bring in at these positions time to grow and develop.

QB will be interesting. CJL mentioned bringing in both Allen and Lee with the promise to be able to compete for spots at QB, but with bringing in 2 more "athletes" at QB (on top of Denson and C. Hill coming in last year), it will be interesting to see if they get redshirted or displaced to another position if they fall behind in the QB competition (ala Denson getting moved and C. Hill starting off at receiver to get the playing time/game experience)

On a side note, Allen also had some impressive basketball stats on his resume. Coach Mac, let these kids play (Allen and Amarri), as long as you can promise they won't get hurt, since you have control over that and all   ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the players that 5 other big east teams recruited are most likely better than our players

we lost ground yesterday

face the facts