• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't worry about our recruits ranking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I think smazza is referring ot the fact that CJL has stated that the reason our class was lower ranked is because we went after linemen.  The fact that there are in fact 4 and 5 star linemen out there kind of puts holes in that excuse.  Not that we are at the level where we should be getting those guys on a regular basis but they do exist so he needs to come up with a better excuse as to why this class wasn't "good" in many people's minds.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

This class 'wasn't that good' is the part that needs more appropriate interpretation beastie before anyone should be pointing any fingers or buying into.

First, to give you an idea of how subjective things are scout.com has our class ranked 50th and the 3rd best in the Big East (which to me is much more like how I see it).  So, who's right?  Are you going to lean to rivals or scout?  OR EITHER FOR THAT MATTER.  I could go round and round giving reasons the ranking systems are bunk and USF's class is severely underrated but is my opinion anymore important?

So, the question is if someone presumes that we must land 4 and 5 star linemen to be good then I ask them this;  "What about the two we did land in Frank Harry and Leslie Stirrups why isn't that enough?"  Screw the perceptions, we landed them, am I now to presume that 2 isn't good enough? Now we must land 4-5 four to five star linemen?  So when doesn't this subjectiveness subside and someone has met expectations?  I think CJL signed a stellar class, but I know more about HS athletes then many, and certainly more than smazza.  Smazza says CJL signed a bad class, and cites not signing 4 and 5 star linemen, YET HE CLEARLY DID!  So, who's right?  Who's wrong?

Is Aaron Harris a 3A 1st team all-state DL, any worse then the four star Miami signee Steven Wesley who was also 3A 1st team all-state DL?  Similar size, similar stats, Harris has even more accolades yet Harris is two and Wesley is four....does it make a coach a failure now, or in four years when we measure the college accomplishments of the two.

The fact smazza's got a beef with Leavitt and has gone on a smearing campaign severely destroy's his credibility to measure or weigh in opinions regarding the football program.  His comments don't even make sense when we clearly did signed two four star linemen.  To take it further smazza cracked on us for 'not recruiting 4 and 5 star linemen'.  Yet it's pretty public knowledge that we went after Daron Rose, Steve Wesley, Jim Barrie, and Kareem Crowell to name a few.  

Given those facts I am trying to understand what smazza's blatant lies and ignorance of the facts are getting at?  What's his point, what's anyone's point?  We signed more three star athletes in this class then any before, and signed two four star linemen.  Now I am reading from smazza that we're failures because we didn't 'recruit' any 4-5 star linemen.  First, where is he getting his facts,and second why does everyone worry about what we didn't get and not what we did.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Clear S. Bein... Very CLEAR!

Thanks..........