• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post Bull Ring Gathering: Thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

Nice to meet you too, Shoop.  

PING, were you sitting at the bar?  I heard that question but didn't really put a face with the question.

Eats It's kids was cool!  He gave me the Bulls sign and said "USF" and then gave me a high five!

Nice to meet BigEastBeasts also and see a lot of the old friends, BloomTown, MikeG, Ricky the Bull, and anyone else I missed.  

Bishop, did you talk to the owner?  Did you miss the merchandise window in the front?  I am not going to trash your opinion, but I think you underestimate their passion and desire to market to the USF crowd.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I just want to say that I thought their buffalo wings were frickin excellent!  I'm not sure if it's because I've been dieting and it's the first "real" food I've had in a few days or what, but **** they were awesome!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

The gathering was alright. It was good to hang out with Bloomtown, Paisa49 and other board members but I was expecting something with more substance to it.  Maybe next year we can have a highlight video montage of some of the kids we pick up, also it would be good to hear from the Defensive/Offensive coordinators.

As for the place, it just looks way too simple.  I just don't see how they spent $2M in renovations, unless they are including what they paid for the building, and the liquor license.  As for the non-USF memorabilia it really doesn't bother me as long as they keep it non college related.  Needless to say I'll still support the place because they have the right idea, is just a matter of time before everything falls into place.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

I support Leavitt 100% but the QB situation and offensive playcalling would have been my first questions.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Okay...why is their logo the Buffalo mascot?

Bishop, I may be mistaken but I do believe one of the owners is a Bull grad.

Omni, I do not believe they are.  If I remember correctly from one of my original conversations they are both from the Philly/Jersey area.  I will see Jim, one of the owners, at the BB game Friday and will ask him.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

...Bishop, did you talk to the owner?  Did you miss the merchandise window in the front?  I am not going to trash your opinion, but I think you underestimate their passion and desire to market to the USF crowd.

I did see that stuff, and I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner, however he was talking to the guy next to me at the bar. Seeing how much money this guy dropped on this place is crazy considering it could've been done so much better. And you know what, if there was Bulls stuff all over the wall, hell i'd be ok with a few other sports teams up. Maybe if they had a guy with half a brain decorating the place they could have a very nice compromise by getting an old Bucs Lee Roy Selmon Jersey or maybe even a J.R. Reed jersey to settle the rabid philly peeps.

I did see that stuff, and I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner, however he was talking to the guy next to me at the bar. Seeing how much money this guy dropped on this place is crazy considering it could've been done so much better. And you know what, if there was Bulls stuff all over the wall, hell i'd be ok with a few other sports teams up. Maybe if they had a guy with half a brain decorating the place they could have a very nice compromise by getting an old Bucs Lee Roy Selmon Jersey or maybe even a J.R. Reed jersey to settle the rabid philly peeps.

They do have some jerseys from the coaches and are in the process of getting them framed for the walls.  

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I had a good time. Good to see all of the bulls fan there: Moises; Paisa, Ricky, Bullsmania, and Mike G.

If you don't like the place, don't go back. Just let me when they open anything like it in crystal river.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

They do have some jerseys from the coaches and are in the process of getting them framed for the walls.  

That's a step, but what about pictures, posters, programs, old Bulls stuff, basketball stuff, and other assorted memorabilia. If I had a few million dollars to design a Bulls restaurant, I'd do my homework at least. Another thing, why wasn't that stuff up when they first opened?? I remember checking it out a week after it opened, and the Bucs jerseys were all set up in cases hanging on the wall. You mean to tell me that you couldn't track down at least one bit of Bull merchandise for every, let's say, 10 feet of wall space just so the place doesn't look naked???