• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seton Hall is destroying No. 14 NCState

Guest Bull_94

dabull,

you're only going to give him 2 1/2 years? Hamilton had some success at Miami bringing them into the BE but it took more than 2 1/2 years. Here are his records

90-91  9-19

*91-92   8-24 (1-17)

92-93   10-17 (7-11)

93-94   7-20 (0-18)

94-95   15-13 (9-9)

95-96   15-13 (8-10)

96-97   16-13  (9-9)

The last few years data is somewhat screwy but it looks like he went 36-16 in the BE. 91-92 was their first year in BE basketball.

His first 3 years in the BE his record was 8-46.

CRM is only 0-6 and you are ready to get rid of him?

Heck Hamilton didn't have a winning overall record until his 5th year. After that though it was 6 straight winning records with 3 tourney appearances in his last 3 years from 97-00.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bull_94
While i don't doubt we will be better next season and I do believe this team plays hard, we don't have the guns to compete in conference this year. Yes we have played teams very hard and much better than I thought we would. The reality is we still don't have an in conference win.

Cincy and St. John's two teams that will be fighting for BE tourny sports have 3 wins in conference. A team like Rutgers has had some tough opponents so far. Those guys at 8-13 are going to beat each other night in and out.

I just feel that the hole we are in is not enough to get us to MSG. We will need a minimum of 7 wins, and I just don't see the talent to get us there. Call me what you want but I've seen this team play hard, but I also see a team that has the worst losses of the 6 major conferences and hasn't beaten a team in the top 150 in the country.

Playing well is one thing, winning is another.

No way Cincy makes the BE tourney. They have 5 schollie players left. They are ready to quit on the season. Did you see their remaining schedule? They just lost one of their best players for the year. They play 7 games against ranked opponents.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bull_94,

You don't think people are saying the same thing about us? That just ignorant...

Not to mention they do have 3 conference wins...

You cannot compare that Miami program, it wasn't even 10 years old when it joined the BE. The school underfunded it until football was nailed for violations...

Guest Bull_94
You cannot compare that Miami program, it wasn't even 10 years old when it joined the BE. The school underfunded it until football was nailed for violations...

According to Miami's website, their basketball program was started in 1926. Not sure where you get the 10 years from.

By the way if you think our BBall program is overfunded, I need some of what you're smoking.

I think we've underfunded it since inception!!

Guest Bull_94
Bull_94,

You don't think people are saying the same thing about us? That just ignorant...

Not to mention they do have 3 conference wins...

ignorant? they just lost one of their best players. we are just getting back one of ours. their program is in complete shambles after thuggins left.

DePaul and Rutgers are 2 of their conference wins. We haven't played them yet. If it weren't for the Rutgers game they would be on a 5 game losing streak. they beat rutgers by 5.

They still have 7 ranked teams to play out of 10. Not going to make it.They'll quit. That team has no character.

Bull_94, if you would read further you would learn that Miami got rid of BBall in 1972, and it returned in 1985 where it was an independent until joing the BE for football...

I never said out bball program was overfunded, but we weren't as GROSSLY underfunded like Miami was.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

you're only going to give him 2 1/2 years

Sorry about the misunderstanding Bulls_94.  I wasn't "giving him" 2 & 1/2 years, what I meant was that he really has only has 2 & 1/2 recruiting classes versus the three years he has been here because he was hired after the first signing period.  I have asked the question about Miamis record before because I think we are in the same position.  Miami BB record gives me hope that some day we may make it.  Hamilton got his future NBA player(forgot his name) and he did well.  This may be where Velcro and I don't agree because to compete(upper half) in the BE I think you need that one blue chip player and maybe even two.  Otherwise you will fight each year to make it to the Garden and have little hope of advancing.  Recruiting is where I see Macs short fall right now but unlike football it only takes one or two players to turn it around.  Just haven't seen that player yet.  We are new in the BE so is there hope ? Yes but on the same hand it wouldn't upset me if all of a sudden we got a high profile coach.  Likely - no but that is where I stand.