• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all of you that think a new coach....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

For everyone that think a new coach doesnt make a difference.... UT 80 UF 76

Tennessee bball was HORRIBLE last year and now we have koncked off two top 5 teams and sold out the arena (24k +).  There is NO significant change in players, only coaches bringing in a new attitude.  Last year UT averaged like 750 students a game and now there were 5k at the game and 3k turned away.    

AND, Pearl did 200 somethign enagagements between being hired and the first game AND has one of the top recruiting classes.... FROM Wisconsin Milwaukee

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Rockytop, They had a nice win yes, but nothing to say it was all about a new coach.  They had a great game with 3 srs and 2 jrs starting in front of 24,000 fans.  HELLYeah I'm glad they beat UF.  But you need to pick a side. It is either USF or UT?

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

But you need to pick a side. It is either USF or UT?

Seriously, I'm going to another D-1 school for my Masters, but I'm not going on ad nauseum about their athletic program.

I'm a Bull, first, foremost, and only.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

don't be so hard guys

i see nothing wrong with rt rooting for ut.he is in tennessee

afterall

i have been saying all along with a coach other than leavitt,usf would be a consistent top 25 team

a good  coach makes all the difference in the world

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Pat Summit is UT basketball  8)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193

So I went to UT my freshman year...then transferred to USF....does that mean I should be a UT fan?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Lay off RT, he went to the freaking bowl game! I would consider him a good fan. My uncle played at Auburn and his son goes to ND. He is a fan of both teams, I don't think its really that big of a deal. All that matters is who you go for when they play each other.

As for Bruce Pearl, the guy is flat out a great coach. He used what he had at UWM and now is doing it at Tennessee. I watched the game with my parents (UF Alum) and they were very nervous about the game from the beginning. I think UT solidified an NCAA bid with that win. COngrats.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

I still root for Army when they do not play Bulls. UT;s coach has done a good a coaching job as leavitt did with USF from the start.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Rockytop, They had a nice win yes, but nothing to say it was all about a new coach.  They had a great game with 3 srs and 2 jrs starting in front of 24,000 fans.  HELLYeah I'm glad they beat UF.  But you need to pick a side. It is either USF or UT?

A nice win? they also dominated Texas at Texas, gave Memphis everything wanted at memphis, and are no 3-1 in the SEC.  They finished 14-17 last year, lost 2 or the the top 4 scorers and added no significant players.  The only difference is the coach.  Hell, they had 6-5 guy guarding 6-11 Noah almost all night, so it's not exactly an imprssive lineup of players at that.  

As for me, I went to the bowl game, I watched 6 football games and listened to the others, I've seen 2 men's games and 1 women's so far, I rad the TBO and SPT every day for USF stuff, do I need to keep going.... cause that is more than 99% of other USF "fans"

If USF had done something worth posting about in the last month or so I would talk about, but they have sucked lately so I dont post anything about them.  And I HARDLY EVER bring up UT on my own here, most of the time I talk about Tennessee is when someone else brings it up.  

And I've been a casual UT fan for most of my life, I didnt know USF existed until about the 10th grade

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I disagree with those who say pick a side. Pick yourself a side if and when the two play each other, and until then, love 'em both.

Seriously, I'm going to another D-1 school for my Masters, but I'm not going on ad nauseum about their athletic program.

I'm a Bull, first, foremost, and only.

Eats It, if I had that attitude--and I did for maybe my first semester or so at USF--I wouldn't be a proud Bull now. I represent BOTH of my alma maters to the fullest, though if by chance the two should meet (they did in women's hoops earlier this year) I'm a DOG, first, foremost, and always.

That being said, I work in higher ed, and will probably hit several other universities in my lifetime, but my first alma mater is the only one I intend to ever be above my 2nd alma mater.