• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

good weekend for recruting

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

feb 1 is when we will see how well we recruited

We won't see how well we recruited until 2007-08

if we fail to beat last year's final recruiting ranking,usf efforts in recruiting would have to be considered a disaster

A recruiting disaster, maybe .......... which doesn't really mean crap. Smazza, I'm surprised you fall for this "recruiting ranking" bs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

tb-it isn't 100% accurate but i cant think of a better barometer

the top 10  ranked teams are loaded with high school all americans

i think one can see within a year how your recuiting went.

yes there are exceptions

in our biggest game on the biggest play,our great defense didn't touch that uconn runner.we need more talent with lots of stars

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

our defense is consistenly unconsistent... need to show every game to get the W's

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I actually agree with smazza, 3 years ago Texas had the best recruiting class in the country. USC before that and LSU before that. Any coindicdence?

However, I think a guy thats a 3 star gets the shaft because he's not an upper guy. The top 250 90% of the time are going to be good college football players, however there are still lot of great players out there that don't get noticed because they might have blossomed their senior year, etc.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

I actually agree with smazza, 3 years ago Texas had the best recruiting class in the country. USC before that and LSU before that. Any coindicdence?

However, I think a guy thats a 3 star gets the shaft because he's not an upper guy. The top 250 90% of the time are going to be good college football players, however there are still lot of great players out there that don't get noticed because they might have blossomed their senior year, etc.

So accordingly the Gators should win the NC in 06,  per the recruiting standins  as of right now ,,,not that I care but anyways... Sure would be nice for the Bulls if one of them 5star recruits would at least give  us a look or an mention of some kind...but it doesn't seem our coaching staff is even trying to go after the biggest fish , surely it wouldn't be an wasted effort to try to reel in at least one of em ..as it is we are only going after an couple of four stars and tht rest 3 and 2 stars...I'm not saying the 2,s and 3,s are bad but if we our to go to the big game it would seem that the coaches would pull out the stops, so to speak,,,

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No in 3 years Florida would win if it continues like that.

Why go after a big guy, we cannot compete with the large schools for the top talent yet. Get the good 2-3 stars before the big schools come and in a few years take shots at the big boys.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

No in 3 years Florida would win if it continues like that.

Why go after a big guy, we cannot compete with the large schools for the top talent yet. Get the good 2-3 stars before the big schools come and in a few years take shots at the big boys.

I see what your saying but it seems it will take some time using what we have to work with as far as 2's and 3's to get to the top but unless we get an O coach that can bring out the best on the other side of the ball :-X... I realize that a great coach can  take some middle of the road players and go a long ways like Spurrior has repeatedly done almost instantly..like he did at Duke and then South Caro but he was wise enough to know that he needed help on the D side of the game and hired accordingly. We all know Leavitt's knowledge as far as defense goes and that he is as good or better than any coach out there but, offense doesn't seem to be his forte ... I know I'm  beating an dead horse but,,,,, Leavitt needs someone of equal knowledge on the O side as well before we become an powerhouse,,,,,,,,hope Smith proves everyone wrong but,, he better hurry and show some signs of life..

we're located in the middle of a recruiting hotbed and now have BCS ties...we definitely need to recruit better or fire the coaches that arent getting the most out of the personnel we have to work with.

vanderbilt should not be producing NFL QB's while USF can't complete a pass.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Get the good 2-3 stars before the big schools come and in a few years take shots at the big boys.

jesus christ-- why must we all wallow in the mediocrity of 2-3 stars?  we are big time and we have big time talent within a bike ride from campus.. and yet everyone on here wants to bring in recruiting scraps.  this mentality is absolutely sickening if you ask me.. you want 2-3 stars?  then that means you still want to be going to carshop bowl games for at least another 4 years.. leavitt needs to stop messing around with these 2-3 stars and start getting players that can get us to BCS games already