• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Duemig talking USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Something has to change

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

Good the Tampa area is hearing this.

cee is a child  8)

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Getting talk about USF on sports radio in Tampa is a good thing.  It creates awareness about the program.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  0

Off topic to this thread but it would be interesting to hear his take on the embarrasing play/conduct of UM game against LSU.  

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Duemig is saying what most have already said on this board, our QB is lousy and our O-Cord is lousy, and the bowl game highlighted these problems.  Please, CJL make a change.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Duemig is not holding back anything against our QB play and offense. He said that the QB play here and the offense the past 2 years is the "worst he has ever seen" from any Div 1 school, ever!

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS

why all the dislike for mr cee?

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

i second that......if Steven Moffet was our qb I think we would have been a 1 loss team maybe even undefeated....

Not a freakin' chance, with Rod as the O coordinator.  He'd figure out how to make Joe Montana look bad.  He's allready rail-roaded Denson and by looks of the Bowl game, is doing the SAME THING to Carlton Hill.    

Even Julimiste COULD have been decent with some supportive play-calling.  His strength is the option / power game.  He is not a good passer, so don't rely on him to be a 1-man show in the backfield.  Every time I see Pat in the backfield with 5-wide, I cringe.  The result is almost always painful to watch.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

why all the dislike for mr cee?

He has no redeeming social values ...... you, at least, have a few.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I know most are convinced that Rod Smith is the problem and you may be right.  i just don't know for sure.  If you put your best QB on the field and he is bad it really limits what you can succeed at.  The "D" stacks the line and no matter how good your RB is it makes it tough and throw in a loss or a penalty and you are toast.  I don't have alot of faith in Smith but I still think with a good QB this offense could move the ball and score.  You can blame lack of developement on the coaches but some players develope and they still don't have the skill set to play at this level.  Just a guess but I think Smith is here for one more year and if Grothe or Hill don't start having some success then he will be gone.  For those foks that are RMC supporters I think you would be hypicritical if you ask for Smiths head and not RMC.  To give one time and not the other is wrong and yes I know Smith was the QB coach before getting the OC position.

Guest Bull_94

dabull,

I think it is unfair to compare RMC's situation to that of RS. If Smith were working with his 3rd string qb then maybe you could use that as a reason his offense is inept. Or if RMC was losing with a healthy 2 1/2 year starter at the point then you could compare the 2.

Smith has worked with the same healthy players for a few years. I think if you look at his mistakes, they are all mental. I'm not sure he has the smarts to put his players in the best situations to succeed. He tries to fit a square peg into a round hole.

His logic astounds me.  Check out Greg's blog about his boneheaded calls in the bowl game. There are many examples of these all through the season.

I believe RMC is a great bench coach who knows how to teach. He gets the most out of his players. He has had a lousy start this year mainly due to injuries. He has surely lacked in some areas (ie recruiting-I'm hoping this is because he is not willing to burn a long term schollie on players that he doesn't think are BE material ) but I believe his fundamentals as a coach are sound. I believe he can be successful here in time.

I'm not sure you can say the same for Smith. I just don't think he has the offensive football smarts.