• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Herd of Thunder...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

As I was exiting the stadium, I had a NC State fan comment on how much spirit the band and was very complementary.

I hope to see a lot more members out on the field next season so they can do even more.

Great job, HOT!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,447
  • Days Won:  43

bullman3,

Yeah I have noticed that this year too about that 1st down tune. To be honest that sound sticks in my head when I think about it, so yes it is very catchy.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

the HOT was very loud and blew away the n.c. state band.  i will admit they were much improved, but one thing that bugged me was they would constantly play when we were on offense, or when we were trying to call a play.  thats not helping out the offense, and they needed all the help they could get yesterday

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

the HOT was very loud and blew away the n.c. state band.  i will admit they were much improved, but one thing that bugged me was they would constantly play when we were on offense, or when we were trying to call a play.  thats not helping out the offense, and they needed all the help they could get yesterday

they were asked by athletics to play a short number after each down on offence I do believe...

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

was i hearing/watching the same band?? big deal, they looked/sounded better than half of NCSU's band.... they still were nothing special and for goodness sake, learn a new song every now and then

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Ditto, you guys rocked, from the pep rally to the game, HOT was jamming like never before.  You guys improved 1000000% this year with the new tunes, and halftime song selection.  Way to go HOT!

Ditto...I agree.  The HOT went from a good sounding but clueless football Band to an All-Star performer this year.  They play at appropriate times, they lead the crowd, they look awesome on the field.  At the pep rally....phenomenal preparation for crowd participation.  A++++++++++++

You guys were a great reflection on USF.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

was i hearing/watching the same band?? big deal, they looked/sounded better than half of NCSU's band.... they still were nothing special and for goodness sake, learn a new song every now and then

maybe you only looked at NCSTs band??  HOT was on fire all weekend...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

learn a new song every now and then

This is only funny because of your username.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

hear hear ucfknight, finally something i can agree with u on.  how mnant times is that song played a game?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I thought the HOT definitely sounded better than NC State's band.  It appeared that we have more of a horn section and they had more of a drum section, but I am a complete novice when it comes to music.  

One thing bothered me however.........I thought it was in somewhat bad taste that the HOT made it a point to shout "We don't need no education" during the Pink Floyd song at halftime.  I know that it is a part of the song, but I found it somewhat embarrassing, considering that we are representing a school, and that the only part of the song that was vocalized was this one.  There were a few Bulls fans around me that shared the sentiment.  I was just waiting for an NC State fan to pipe up w/ something smart to say about it, but they missed the golden opportunity.

Other than that......HOT sounded great!