• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Herd of Thunder...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I know that many times, you're maligned on this board for a variety of reasons.  This is not one of those posts.

I was in the Wyndham Hotel bar last night with about 15 NC State fans, discussing the game.  The bands came up.  To a man, the NC State fans were wowed at your performance at halftime yesterday.  They loved the song selection, the execution was flawless, and best of all, you were LOUD and STRONG.  There was a definite energy from you guys... one I haven't seen in a HOT performance in the four years I've had season tickets.

All I heard leading up to this game was how the Power Sound of the South was going to school the HOT.  In the end, the HOT sent them back home with their little Wolfpack tails between their legs.  The opposing fans were VERY impressed with you all, and you schooled their band.  

You guys should be proud.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I thought the H.O.T. did a great job the whole game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

HOT and the students in their section represented way above expectations - watching that section was probably the highlight of the game.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Ditto, you guys rocked, from the pep rally to the game, HOT was jamming like never before.  You guys improved 1000000% this year with the new tunes, and halftime song selection.  Way to go HOT!

If only our offense had shown up like HOT did we would have blown out nc state.  

I guess we left our offense back in 2002.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Just want to echo these sentiments. I'm a year out of school and haven't seen the HOT since last football season and... wow. I was VERY pleased with the performance, the wall of sound you put forth, and the energy provided through the entire game. Thank you all very much. Hell, I was begging them to put in our center snare or drum major or something at QB. And as fro the Power Sound of the South? Well, never send a pep band to do a marching band's job.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

In March, we watched The Charlotte vs. NC State game before our contest against Connecticut.

When the game wasn't exciting...we played "Where's Waldo" with the NC State pep band.

NC_State_Band.gif

Glad to see USFs band is caught up with the football program.  UCF and USF should do a little battle of the bands.  I won't tell FAMU/B-CC if you don't.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

The HOT has really improved this season. They are doing things right. The chants that they get started are getting the USF fans into the game. It just feels more of a college feel to it now then it has ever been IMO. I guess the band director deserves some props for getting everything turned around.

The little tune followed by "Go Bulls" that they play mostly after a first down is very catchy and provides a much needed call for a stadium wide chant/cheer that we have been requesting for years.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

every time they called them the POWER OF THE SOUTH I said...but don't worry the PRIDE OF THE BAY will entertain the whole stadium....

way to go HOT! and I'm not just saying cause I marched 5 years!  I was truely impressed....