• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how much did leavitt get to wear

Guest BullsFans
I'm not saying he ever appraoched Woolard about a raise.  What I am saying is the next time this happens I feel that leavitt should take the Bull by the horns (no pun intended) and come out and quash the whole ordeal by stating, "USF has been very fair with me up to this point.  I will not be leaving to take the HC job at ________ University" or something to this effect.  USF has shown it's loyalty, Leavitt should show his.

Amen!

I am under contract to the University of South Florida  and will not be entertaining  offers for other coaching positions until my contract expires.  I am first and foremost a USF Bull.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Amen!

I am under contract to the University of South Florida  and will not be entertaining  offers for other coaching positions until my contract expires.  I am first and foremost a USF Bull.

What kind of frigging polyanna kind of world do you guys live in?  He did nothing to violate his contract.

I consider myself very loyal to my company, however if someone were to come along and offer me a different job, I'd at least listen.

I think CJL has proven his loyalty.  He's turned down more money to stay here at least twice.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

How is it we can ***** about USF being cheap because most all of our coaches are the most underpaid in the Big East (all BCS conferneces for that matter) and then when one gets a raise more in line with his peers (and success), we ***** about that.  I can't believe it.  And to think people  ***** about McCullum's pay too.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Who's complaining about his pay?  I think he's fairly paid, which is why he shouldn't want to leave.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

We all know who thinks Leavitt should not have received an increase...the usual suspects.

There will be no consensus on this board - and that is a good thing.  If we all thought the same thoughts, this would look like a Rivals board (UCF).

But I am happy to see us increase the pay of our coaches.  

I also think it is very clear that Jim Leavitt is not and was not looking to leave when AD Woolard re-worked his deal.  

Give credit to DW for being proactive.  It's not CJL's fault his value has rocketed over 10 years.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt is under contract and shouldn't even entertain offers until contract is up

as usual usf has no balls

usf's atty should immediately fired off a letter when some school starts sniffing around while a coach is under contract

usf should have let leavitt leave.it is obvious he is staying for $$$$$$$$  only.if usf is stupid enough to fall for  leavitt's bs than more power to leavitt.

ksu was close to interfering with leavitt's contract(unless there is a clause allowing for such interference)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

JL was never contacted by Kansas and why do you guys think there is a "BUYOUT" clause in almost every BCS head coaches contract.  If JL was about the money he would have left USF a long time ago and if you cann't see that then you are dummer then  the guy that believes Chuck Shummer hasn't made up his mind on how he will vote for Alito.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

How does any of this have to do with the original topic?? ???

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Mention money and JL in the same sentence.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

jl is all about the money

the day usf doesn't match and top another suitor,leavitt is long time gone