• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt WR Goes to the NFL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Would that be Greg Lee?

Hope soooooo!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

No kidding... he and Palko give me nightmares.

the link no longer works... hmm

it is greg lee

First off, though I really hate UPS and wanted them to lose, gotta tip my hat to Michael Robinson. That kid is tough as nails, kept getting hit and hit all night, endured wacko-racist UPS fans before the season started, and still came out on top. He's a warrior and hats off to him. Also, really hope Poz recovers from his knee injury. Not something you wish on anyone, save maybe Marcus Vick. so............

1.The departure of Jennings and Lee. Let's face it, losing these two sucks, but losing Jennings, IMO, hurts worse than Lee. Look, Lee is a decent receiver in a Walt Harris type offense, but he will never be nearly as good or as dominant in a real Pro-Offense like we have now under Cav. Why? He's a posession receiver, and as we witnessed at the Nebraska game, the kid doesn't do well with YAC (yards after catch.) It really hindered Cav's offense when these guys at receiver, especially our "go-to-guy" Lee, couldn't get yards across the middle.

Ever watch Greg Lee try and run block? He's terrible at it and it really hurt us against better competition and defenses like Louisville, wvu, and Notre Dame, where they have speed to overwhelm an already poor line. Yes the line was bad, but you need your receivers blocking down field to be able to run effectively. Kinder did this well. Plus, with Dickerson and Byham coming and and playing receiver, and who are faster than Lee and already better blockers, it will be more intune to what Cav does offensively.

As far as Jennings goes, he looked like he was starting to come around during the wvu game, and really made some nice tough runs against them. With Larod being good but a bit undersized to be an everydown back, I really think losing him hurts and hurts bad. I really liked the potential of a Larod, Jennings, and Collier combo, and hopefully Shane Brooks can fill in as an effective powerback.

2.) 2006 Season. Honestly, as much as we are geeked about our recruiting class, I still think we are going to struggle more than Pitt fans will like. We are expecting miracles from guys like Dickerson, Byham, Malecki, etc. but there are so many holes to fill from this team that it is going to take at least another year and a solid recruiting class to get us to where we need to be. And this isn't Wanny's fault, but just goes to show how bad things truly were at Pitt in both recruiting, retaining, and developing players during Walt's last 3 seasons. We have a ways, and I mean ways to go before we can catch up to wvu and louisville. Hopefully, these guys coming in live up to the bill, but defensively, I have never seen a slower team at Pitt than this past year. Maybe it's me but the defense seems like it has gotten slower and slower since the solid defense of 2002. I see a 7-4 season, and would be thrilled and shocked with an 8-3 year. Don't kill the messanger, but we have a ways to go.

Hail to Pitt!!!

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

is lee the tampa kid that got away

yep

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Truly helps the FootBulls 2006 bowl prospects.