• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG has NOT stepped up!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

I spoke to a friend and he said he didn't care since it wasn't a BCS bowl...  Hopefully over the years this can improve.

I had some friends tell me the same thing...and that was their reasoning for not attending the WVU game...although you wouldn't have noticed!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Look at the Rutgers game now in progress. There are more students at this game which is in Arizona, and they came all the way from New Jersey!!!. I mean, what the F. SG should have bought up the tix and gave them to the students. I did not see one advertisement, one SG member, any announcement or anything on campus promoting this game since we got the bid! You sat on your hands, did not promote, and make it reasonable to get the stu's to the game. If you told the stu's that it will cost you $60.00 to go, with SG funding the rest, you would have at least 1to 2k more students going. Hell, their parents would tell them to go for that price. As far as the crack about SG having more important things to do, yeah right! That's the attitude! Well. listen pup, you are talking to future donors to our fine University. Ones who will eventually be donors of medicine, arts, and humanities. If that isn't important in your book, you should not be in office. When you sign on to SG, you are the voice and the leaders of the students. THAT'S why there is so much apathy on this campus. You so called leaders are lazy and don't get the stu's involved, as past regimes had done. Whatever was started, you all have killed. Look at other schools this bowl season. Look at how much their students support their schools. Learn from this, hang your heads now, because this kind of actions will not be the norm at My alma matter!

That tab for the pizza, ok, that's about 2k off the 1.6 mill you have in the budget!!!

$130 + ticket is a small amount compared to what the real cost would have been.  I still believe that SG did what they could.  We received the bowl invite on the 3rd, it's not like they had much time to get anything out.  Finals week was right there and students leave even before then!

Blame shouldn't be placed on anyone.  Everyone should have tried to convince at least a few people.  Again, this is the 1st bowl game.  Later on this will improve.

You do speak some truth Mags. But we knew about the possibility of going to a bowl game. Plans should have been made, talk shopuld have been done around campus. It seems that if our students don't have the word Ybor around something, or free beer, they don't give a rats arsk! But you are right, hopefully we will learn, and the next SG regime may have some insight. SBC is the best offer out there. I encourage any student serious about USF athletics to join. It is a blast.  See you in Charlotte Mags!!!    Reaper

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

do we need to talk about the fact that the President of the Student body doesn't know the chat in the middle of the fight song?  They aren't worried about this...its all about whats going on in Tally...the true student fans are going and if they aren't they are kicking themselves for not being able too...

I know people in HOT that aren't going because they are at home (not in FLA) and don't wanna come back early to ride a bus back up and D Rob wouldn't let them meet the band there...

yes..over time every one will learn how to better handle this situation...and by then I will be alumni! haha

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

$130 + ticket is a small amount compared to what the real cost would have been.  I still believe that SG did what they could.  We received the bowl invite on the 3rd, it's not like they had much time to get anything out.  Finals week was right there and students leave even before then!

Blame shouldn't be placed on anyone.  Everyone should have tried to convince at least a few people.  Again, this is the 1st bowl game.  Later on this will improve.

THAT is the attitude that makes the students suck. And THAT is the attitude that makes the tickets sold = 4,800.

EVERY bowl team found out on the 3rd.

BECAUSE this is the FIRST bowl game, the excitement should be overwhelming.

The PROBLEM is you have students that ATTEND USF that are fans of UF, FSU, UM, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Michigan, Bama, UGA, etc...

Wah wah wah. All I hear is whining and complaining from the students.

I convinced 13 people to go with me to the bowl game. THIRTEEN. One, I repeat ONE, attended USF at some point. The other 13 are just as poor as the USF students claim to be.

2 gas tanks + 3 hotel rooms / 13 = not a lot of money. Add onto it that for the post game festivities, it's EFFING NEW YEARS EVE!!!

HELLO!!

What college student DOESNT wanna go on a road trip and party on New Years Eve?!?!

It's all about pride. The HOT members not going should be ashamed. It is their responsibility to be here, They are part of this whole process. Apathy has struck this campus like a pandemic. It's too bad that these stu's can't see it. Again, maybe someday they will.  Ybor doesn't instill a memory, your school pride does however!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

THAT is the attitude that makes the students suck. And THAT is the attitude that makes the tickets sold = 4,800.

EVERY bowl team found out on the 3rd.

BECAUSE this is the FIRST bowl game, the excitement should be overwhelming.

The PROBLEM is you have students that ATTEND USF that are fans of UF, FSU, UM, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Michigan, Bama, UGA, etc...

Wah wah wah. All I hear is whining and complaining from the students.

I convinced 13 people to go with me to the bowl game. THIRTEEN. One, I repeat ONE, attended USF at some point. The other 13 are just as poor as the USF students claim to be.

2 gas tanks + 3 hotel rooms / 13 = not a lot of money. Add onto it that for the post game festivities, it's EFFING NEW YEARS EVE!!!

HELLO!!

What college student DOESNT wanna go on a road trip and party on New Years Eve?!?!

i generally try to avoid agreeing with Shoop... but he's right

any student complaining about costs is not trying hard enough and i have someone going to the game that had never even heard of USF til August and lived in the Northeast their whole life... so it's not that hard to convince people to go on a road trip to party for new year's

saying that the date of the bid was on the 3rd and that was the reason is complete BS!!!  We knew in November there was a strong possibility that we would be bowling.  There is no excuse.  SG dropped the ball.  They have a large portion of the students in the palms of their hands and did nothing.  December 3rd was not finals week. There was no effort to reach the students including the greeks and other large organizations. BOO HOO YOU BLEW IT>