• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boser Named NCBWA National Hitter of the Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

After being named the American Athletic Conference (AAC) Player of the Week on Monday, the University of South Florida's Bobby Boser (Wesley Chapel) has been named the National Hitter of the Week by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA), the association announced on Tuesday. Boser was one of two **** Howser Trophy National Player of the Week award winners, along National Pitcher of the Week Chase Burns (Wake Forest).

GOUSFBULLS.COM

Bobby Boser recorded five home runs and 16 RBI over five games last week and became the first Bull to hit for the cycle since 2004

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

Anddddd he's broken. IR for extended time. Whatever he did to his hand/wrist is not good. 

It didn't look good on Sunday.  Wouldn't surprise me if there was a fracture of some kind

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,282
  • Days Won:  25

He earned it. Time for someone else to step up if he is hurt longterm.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He earned it. Time for someone else to step up if he is hurt longterm.

Brutch has been quiet at the plate, he's due to break out. Granted, he leads the entire country in walks so he hasn't had the most opportunity. It should even out soon and he'll be hitting bombs. 

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  56

5 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Brutch has been quiet at the plate, he's due to break out. Granted, he leads the entire country in walks so he hasn't had the most opportunity. It should even out soon and he'll be hitting bombs. 

Was going to say, with Boser on the shelf, it’s time for Brutch to step up and play like a POY candidate . . . and Snow, too.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Brutcher is batting .326 with a .551 on base percentage and 19 runs scored.   

You are one sensitive dude. I assume your point was to say that he IS playing well. Don’t think anyone said he wasn’t. Just saying that with Boser out it would be great if he picked up the power numbers like he’s capable - and, yes, I realize they pitch around him a good deal. Really doesn’t seem like - in your eyes - anyone is allowed to critique this team at all. If I’m misreading you, my apologies.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

36 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Was going to say, with Boser on the shelf, it’s time for Brutch to step up and play like a POY candidate . . . and Snow, too.

I guess I misread you guys ... my apologies

All I did was post his stats.   Who's sensitive?

Edited by olafberserker

Clearly, you posted his stats to rebuke the idea that perhaps there could be some expectations for him to generate more power with Boser out of the lineup. One day, I really hope you’ll come clean about your connection to this program. You are way too sensitive to anything that might be considered criticism of the program/coaching staff to be just an interested observer. I’ve been watching USF baseball since Scott Hemond and Dave Eiland, spent years inside with Coaches Cardieri and Peters, I’ve been to Sun Belt, Metro, C-USA, Big East and AAC tournaments, regionals and a super regional, so I have no desire to see anything but success for USF baseball. But I surely don’t think everything they do is above any sort of critique. For the most part, you do. My reading comprehension skills are pretty solid.