• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Rice Owls

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Some real good points made in this thread.  Have to keep getting better and utilizing right personnel at right time. 

Still, even with the opportunities, I like how we are developing a never say die attitude.  Refreshing.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

On 2/10/2024 at 3:35 PM, olafberserker said:

We will eventually go back to this and rally.  

lol not sure why our fans want to give up on 3's so easily. It's why we are so successful.

9 for 16 in 2nd half. outscored them by 15 behind the arc.

On 2/10/2024 at 3:48 PM, Canton Jester said:

Usually this happens when you're playing a better rested squad, but both teams are playing their 4th game in the past ten days. 

Down 13 to a 3 win Rice squad smacks of a team uncomfortable in first place. Yeah, stranger things have happened, but let's freakin go. 

lol a team uncomfortable to be in first place.....they shot poorly in the 1st half. nothing more nothing less.

better get used to the high variance when shooting 3's.

it's why you can come back from big deficits but it's also why you can get into big deficits in the first place.

gotta ride the roller coaster and keep jacking up 3's. gives you the best chance to win.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

lol not sure why our fans want to give up on 3's so easily.

I've never said that.   

It has been consistent throughout this streak and the comebacks that we have been active at the rim and on the glass.   It is consistently brought up in every telecast. And you conveniently added "get to and guard the rim" to your analysis.  Move along whippersnapper.  No team consistently wins without a presence on the boards

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,032
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Some real good points made in this thread.  Have to keep getting better and utilizing right personnel at right time. 

Still, even with the opportunities, I like how we are developing a never say die attitude.  Refreshing.

100 percent. How this team has been able to fight back being down and win close games is impressive. 

26 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I've never said that.   

It has been consistent throughout this streak and the comebacks that we have been active at the rim and on the glass.   It is consistently brought up in every telecast. And you conveniently added "get to and guard the rim" to your analysis.  Move along whippersnapper.  No team consistently wins without a presence on the boards

dude we are outscored in the paint and out rebounded in almost every game we play including against rice.

you suggested we could turn it around by driving to the basket and shooting less 3's.

we shot 9 of 16 from 3 in the 2nd half. that's why we won.

we are winning because of our 3 point shooting and our defense.

it almost has nothing to do with our inside play or rebounding.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, Bull94 said:

you suggested we could turn it around by driving to the basket and shooting less 3's.

it almost has nothing to do with our inside play or rebounding.

I have never said anything about less 3's and our inside play, getting to the line, and rebounding have absolutely been a factor in many of the wins.   Going to the basket was brought up multiple times during the comeback against a weak Rice team.   Move along whippersnapper

51 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I have never said anything about less 3's and our inside play, getting to the line, and rebounding have absolutely been a factor in many of the wins.   Going to the basket was brought up multiple times during the comeback against a weak Rice team.   Move along whippersnapper

we were 8-16 (1.0 points per shot)on 2 point shots in the 2nd half.

we were 9-16 (1.69 points per shot) on 3 pointers.

we were out rebounded once again and we gave up more points in the paint than we had as well.

look at the boxscores if you want to see the truth.

not some 3rd rate announcers analysis.

we came back and won because we played much better defense and we shot the 3 very well in the 2nd half.

same reason we have been winning all year long.

our offensive efficiency numbers(+70 spots) are way up this year in large part because a higher percentage of scoring is coming from 3 pointers(+116 spots).

but it's our defensive efficiency that has really been impressive (+104 spots).

our rebounding percentage has dropped (-135 spots) so that's not helping.

it is true that a higher percentage of our points are coming from the line this year so I will give you that

look at the stats and you'll understand why we're winning.

it's because we are shooting more threes and playing better defense. this is what analytics says you should do in order to give yourself a better chance to win.

Edited by Bull94