• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deepest Sympathy to the Dungy Family

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i feel for tony d and his family

Guest Herman Momart

Phil,

Thanks for your prediction on the games coming up.  WAAAAYYYY off topic buddy.  

Tony Dungy is by far one of the most stand up guys you will ever see.  In a pre game interview he preaches his responsibilities were as follows in order. 1) Being a father, 2) Being a husband, 3) Being a son 4) Being a football coach.  When he said it, you definitey tell how sincere he was.  The host of Cold Pizza on ESPN, who is very close with Dungy, said everytime he interviewd Dungy before a game he would say "no problem, but first we should talk about our families, if we do that I will speak with you before every game."  

You can only feel sorry for Tony and his family.  His son was obviously a confused person, in which I was rudely made aware of by a post of his myspace account.  It is very disturbing, especiallya comment he made about the DC Snipers along with some others.  Lets get that thread and myspace address off this site and forward our prayers to Tony and his family.

Herman Momart  

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I remember one of his sons (I'm not sure if it was James) would always be on the Bucs sidelines with him and would run out on the field to get the kicking tee after the Bucs kicked off.

Very sad news, indeed.  We'll be praying for the Dungy's.

That was him

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

this is just shocking...and I live in Campus Lodge and I left for work at 7 AM and didn't notice a thing...but now we have cops manning the gate and even if it comes back a tragic suicide maybe this will help us get better saftey/security here at Campus Lodge...

deepest sympathy to the Dungy family from mine...you are in our thoughts and prayers.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I actually know someone who committed suicide at campus lodge almost one year ago....very strange....I heard this on the radio today and couldn't stop crying.  Dungy has done so much for our community, I almost feel like I know him personally.  I just don't understand why such terrible things happen to such wonderful people like him.  What could have possibly driven his son to the point of hopelessness??

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

See....that's the thing about suicide.

It opens more questions than it answers.  We like closure. We like a suicide note that ties everything into a nice neat bundle. We don't like open ended questions...which is what this is shaping up to be.

Thang is...it looks like TD knew that this one had veered off the tracks, just listening to him pushing his family-and-strong-father-figure sentiments.  

And the other thing is...with media personalities, the public tends to think they "know" these celebrities based on what comes across their TV screens each week.  Unless we were friends with these people...we don't have the inside track. And sometimes, stuff is buried so deep even that's not good enough to get down to the heart of the issue...