• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are we rowing to?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, smazza said:

without a good product 

you have nothing

younger leaders wont make a difference if the product sucks

Yes when you have a product no one wants to buy you need to sell something else. The best and most obvious ways is to sell a new conference and more success but that doesn’t have to be the only way. Sell them something they will buy and make the game a part of what they are actually interested in. It’s 6 games a year it’s possible to fill that with other enticements. A younger person is more willing to take risks. UCF is in because White is bold, VPMK is too blah to ever make a splash and appear uncouth.

Edited by puc86

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

An OCS makes them a hell of a lot more money.   At RJS the Bucs and the TSA have their hands out first before USF gets their share of the profits.

In Temple Terrace we will have an concessions company that takes at least half of the food profit, we will have less people and a huge debt service, attendance will only be decent for year one against this competition and the stadium will be in constant need of improvement. The only way it will appear to ever be in the black will be with ridiculous gl entries with ins and outs with the university and the booster shell company that gets to be a black hole of accounting. The only money in owning a stadium is in having someone else pay for it.

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

Going Independent has to be the dumbest idea ever.   If that is his plan, then he needs to share whatever he is smoking because that must be some good stuff.  🤣

This is not the 1970's or 1980's where there were a large number of independent football programs.   Everyone is in a conference now.  That is the only way to get TV dollars and bowl game tie ins.   How would USF do that if they were independent?   Negotiate a deal with ESPN that would put us exclusively on ESPN+?   What bowl game tie ins would USF get?   How would this impact the other sports?   It would destroy them because the American would kick USF out if we did not participate in football.   Does he really think the Big East would invite us back for the non-football sports?   

Look how going independent destroyed UConn.   They got all upset over their MBB and WBB playing in the American, so the sacrificed their football program to go back to the Big East.   They even tried a second stint with a formerly successful head coach.  That did not work out for them either.  

Army tried the independent route when they bailed from CUSA, and that did not work out for them either.   They are coming back to a conference by joining the American.   Not exactly a powerhouse addition to our conference, but it another example how it is foolish for any team not named Notre Dame to go independent.   If Army cannot hack it as independent with all their history and national following, then what makes USF so special that they think they could do better.   

What negative do imagine happening as an independent that isn’t already presented in the aac? Obscurity? Apathy? Lack of funds? Those things are already present. The concept was simple. The aac is the worst place to be in the college football world and is single handedly destroying the program. We need to make a change to inject interest in the program and show people things have changed. Our administration is incompetent and cannot get into the P5 despite having a tremendous lead to begin with. If we stay in the aac VPMK will keep sitting on committees to bring in subpar schools that he will then let lap us as we continue to become weaker. Since we didn’t have debt service and money against bad teams costs us money. Play more 2:1 games with better opponents people would want to pay to see, sell players on playing better teams, raise your brand awareness and build back better. In the game of conference roulette if you are staying still you are going backwards, we can’t keep going backwards.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,917
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What negative do imagine happening as an independent that isn’t already presented in the aac? Obscurity? Apathy? Lack of funds? Those things are already present. The concept was simple. The aac is the worst place to be in the college football world and is single handedly destroying the program. We need to make a change to inject interest in the program and show people things have changed. Our administration is incompetent and cannot get into the P5 despite having a tremendous lead to begin with. If we stay in the aac VPMK will keep sitting on committees to bring in subpar schools that he will then let lap us as we continue to become weaker. Since we didn’t have debt service and money against bad teams costs us money. Play more 2:1 games with better opponents people would want to pay to see, sell players on playing better teams, raise your brand awareness and build back better. In the game of conference roulette if you are staying still you are going backwards, we can’t keep going backwards.

The worst place to be is independent due to lack of funds, bowl tie ins as stated above etc..we can complain all we want about being in the AAC and why we are here however going Indy is absolutely asinine.  If you want to rail about Kelly, I am with you, complain about our ****** conference then we are smoking from the same bowl but once you say let’s go independent and throw away our last decent chance to improve our fate, you have lost your mind.  Things are bad now, but this would make them worse, not sure what that looks like but would rather not find out.

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The worst place to be is independent due to lack of funds, bowl tie ins as stated above etc..we can complain all we want about being in the AAC and why we are here however going Indy is absolutely asinine.  If you want to rail about Kelly, I am with you, complain about our ****** conference then we are smoking from the same bowl but once you say let’s go independent and throw away our last decent chance to improve our fate, you have lost your mind.  Things are bad now, but this would make them worse, not sure what that looks like but would rather not find out.

(It’s more of a rallying cry to stress the importance of getting out than anything else, also as noted above it’s actually not a feasible solution when having to pay the unnecessary stadium costs (which absolutely will not be cash positive in the aac)).

58 minutes ago, puc86 said:

(It’s more of a rallying cry to stress the importance of getting out than anything else, also as noted above it’s actually not a feasible solution when having to pay the unnecessary stadium costs (which absolutely will not be cash positive in the aac)).

Not worried about cash positive, you can always raise the fees, I am in the OCS camp, will look way better on tv without all the empty seats.  I agree we need out ASAP, just not sure how to accomplish this. 

20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Not worried about cash positive, you can always raise the fees, I am in the OCS camp, will look way better on tv without all the empty seats.  I agree we need out ASAP, just not sure how to accomplish this. 

I was in the camp 15 years ago but ideas do not exist in a vacuum and this idea makes zero sense at this time. If we had invested in undercutting the competition’s revenue share we would be in. Any idea is better than no idea but this one has been used as a crutch to punt the problem years down the road at which point no one responsible now will have to answer for how this didn’t help at all and the stadium is hemorrhaging money and sits mostly vacant. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I actually used my tickets, drove the 8 hours, and was in attendance for this game. I got a call from somebody I know in athletics and he reassured me that usf has a plan to be in the upper echelons of college football in the up coming years apparently they are not content with being a novelty product and still committed to competing at the highest level. I still want to see concrete plans, but it's reassuring that we aren't content with the status quo. It was a good game. Glad to be back to a bowl. 

Edited by Bullcocky

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I was in the camp 15 years ago but ideas do not exist in a vacuum and this idea makes zero sense at this time. If we had invested in undercutting the competition’s revenue share we would be in. Any idea is better than no idea but this one has been used as a crutch to punt the problem years down the road at which point no one responsible now will have to answer for how this didn’t help at all and the stadium is hemorrhaging money and sits mostly vacant. 

Playing in a 65k stadium 12miles from campus is not feasible or appealing either.  So they have to raise the fees, who cares, the atmosphere and aesthetics will be much better and that is all I really care about.  This doesn’t fix our problem but I still think it is the right thing to do.

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Playing in a 65k stadium 12miles from campus is not feasible or appealing either.  So they have to raise the fees, who cares, the atmosphere and aesthetics will be much better and that is all I really care about.  This doesn’t fix our problem but I still think it is the right thing to do.

I do not know a single person that has defected based on anything remotely close to stadium concerns, it’s a nonissue that has been highlighted for no other reason than the people in charge don’t have a plan for how to accomplish anything of consequence. Added bonus for doing it at the most inopportune cost time to add to the rest of the reasons this is a silly idea from silly people. We need actual leadership that has actual winning ideas.