• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JC QB is trans. to USF (from the ST PETE Times)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

for  JCOS or just better all around?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

all around personally, but JUCOs are 100 times better on Scout.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

i ask because I am thinking of getting one or the other

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

Hey, kinda new to the board and hate to be a pessimist right off the bat but from what I've seen this kid was recruited by us, TCU, and Louisiana Tech why the lack of interest from any other BCS schools?  And why only 2 stars from rivals?  Carlton Hill was much more highly recruited than him at QB so maybe we shouldn't be moving him to WR just yet.

A 6 Foot, 170 Lb JUCO QB will scare off most BCS schools because they are recruiting the best HS seniors they can find.  It doesn't matter how good the film is or how many accolades the kid has.  6 feet and 170 Lbs is small for a WR these days, forget about a QB.  That being said, this could be a blessing for USF.  If he was 6'2" and 190 lbs, there may be a few more offers for this kid.  I can say that there are many many BCS schools who would have loved to have had Drew Tate as their QB (Iowa), and he is only 6 foot and about 180 Lbs.

Guest S.  Bien

A 6 Foot, 170 Lb JUCO QB will scare off most BCS schools because they are recruiting the best HS seniors they can find.  It doesn't matter how good the film is or how many accolades the kid has.  6 feet and 170 Lbs is small for a WR these days, forget about a QB.  That being said, this could be a blessing for USF.  If he was 6'2" and 190 lbs, there may be a few more offers for this kid.  I can say that there are many many BCS schools who would have loved to have had Drew Tate as their QB (Iowa), and he is only 6 foot and about 180 Lbs.

Freak, this is one of those semantical issues.  What is the real size of most of these players, schools either over list or under list.

One website has Jimmy at 6-1 180lbs, another at 6-0 170, and his school has him at 6-2 190lbs.  

Let's throw down an average and guess that he's probably 6ft and 1/2 inches, and around 180lbs.  He's worth a shot if he can make plays.  Two time JC POY, gaudy numbers, a scout website has him as a four star, and JUCOJunction calls him the best JC QB behind Schaeffer.  Latech, TCU, and OKST are the only known offers.

Guest Josh Newberg

I stood next to him at the USF game, No Way is he 6-foot-2.  Closer to 6 foot but I didnt have my measuring tape so I cant really say.   ;)

Josh Newberg

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

i ask because I am thinking of getting one or the other

My vote would be for Scout, but I'm a little biased. Josh does work his tail off though.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I've got both.  I'm an info junkie.  Both break about the same amount of initial info.  Rivals has more activity on the premium message board.  Rivals article writing is much better.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

When will we know where he signs?