• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ouch... Not Cool

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

His only body of "work" that anyone can have a rational complaint about that I can think of is one horrible football hire ... There's more?

Kelly deserves the chance to see if Golesh and Rahim work out, so I am in wait and see mode and am not going to criticize Kelly too much since what's done is done, and there are some positives going on with USF athletics. So I will try to keep myself in check after this post  and let it all play out

But regarding your question, and the more.

He held on to Gregory too long; he should have been fired  at least a year earlier; perhaps even sooner

Not blocking the addition of Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas; the AAC should have added only 3 teams. For one if the AAC would have  done that we would probably be playing SMU and Tulane instead of Rice and Charlotte.  Also it would have been easier to add better teams to the conference over time.

Ultimately whether that's his fault or not the buck stops with him and we have been awfull for the last 4 years and have been left behind in conference realignment. Also perhaps not his fault but attendance for the Rice and Temple games, and probably the Charlotte game has been too low. Only so much he can do there but i guess the athletic department could be doing more to get more fans to the stadium.

But again a lot positives over the last few months and the Golesh and Rahim hires are looking better now then 3 months ago, but that still needs to play out.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

46 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Pappy's just making a point.

Sometimes Pappy's points are obtuse ........ or I am.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

He held on to Gregory too long; he should have been fired  at least a year earlier; perhaps even sooner

Also extended his contract.

Not blocking the addition of Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas; the AAC should have added only 3 teams. For one if the AAC would have  done that we would probably be playing SMU and Tulane instead of Rice and Charlotte.  Also it would have been easier to add better teams to the conference over time.

Worse, he was 1 of 4 ADs on the AAC expansion committee that helped select those schools.

Also perhaps not his fault but attendance for the Rice and Temple games, and probably the Charlotte game has been too low. Only so much he can do there but i guess the athletic department could be doing more to get more fans to the stadium.

His fault. Decisions, especially poor ones, have consequences. 

Appreciate the assist, saved me some time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

His only body of "work" that anyone can have a rational complaint that I can think of is one horrible football hire ... There's more?

@belgianbull Has it mostly covered but are you including the extension of said horrible football hire as a separate or joint complaint? Since the hire and extension happened years apart, seems like it’s separate.

Here is what MK had to say at the time (all the way back in Jan 2022) about the highly usual decision to extend the contract of a 3-18 coach. As the kids would say, tell me you don’t know what you are doing, without telling me…

Kelly says the philosophy of the athletic department is based on patience, not knee-jerk reactions.

"It’s not going to be about changing coaches every two or three years," Kelly said Wednesday. "It’s about how we can learn from what we’ve seen before. Why have we maybe not been successful in certain sports before, that we’re now doing differently in terms of providing for. And let’s see what we can do."

Head football coach Jeff Scott received an extension through 2026. Kelly said he believes in the direction of the program despite Scott's 3-18 record.

"I feel that the [coaching staff] is aligned," Kelly added. "They’re so energetic, they’re so encouraging. I feel that the student-athletes, at least the ones that come and express themselves to me, feel great about where they’re at. I think they feel it, that they’re on the verge and they don’t want to miss out."

Edited by 00Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

@belgianbull Has it mostly covered but are you including the extension of said horrible football hire as a separate or joint complaint? Since the hire and extension happened years apart, seems like it’s separate.

Here is what MK had to say at the time (all the way back in Jan 2022) about the highly usual decision to extend the contract of a 3-18 coach. As the kids would say, tell me you don’t know what you are doing, without telling me…

Kelly says the philosophy of the athletic department is based on patience, not knee-jerk reactions.

"It’s not going to be about changing coaches every two or three years," Kelly said Wednesday. "It’s about how we can learn from what we’ve seen before. Why have we maybe not been successful in certain sports before, that we’re now doing differently in terms of providing for. And let’s see what we can do."

Head football coach Jeff Scott received an extension through 2026. Kelly said he believes in the direction of the program despite Scott's 3-18 record.

"I feel that the [coaching staff] is aligned," Kelly added. "They’re so energetic, they’re so encouraging. I feel that the student-athletes, at least the ones that come and express themselves to me, feel great about where they’re at. I think they feel it, that they’re on the verge and they don’t want to miss out."

It makes sense he voted to add bottom tier programs outside of UTSA. HE wanted his guy Jeff scott to increase his fbs win percentage up from 3.7%. We should have dumped him after year 2, but Golesh is making the third year of catastrophic look even worse.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Jokes on you guys, you’re still fans.  No reason to change anything.  
                                          Love,

Trip

• Haha 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

Jokes on you guys, you’re still fans.  No reason to change anything.  
                                          Love,

Trip

image.gif.19a1d8b17ccd3005e9a03e8d28e8337a.gif

• Haha 2